The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+20
jeangange1
gail
me_luvin_life
rosalie
westie13
bomma
Marion
fran53
cowboyz
tippy-moon77
Allicatt
kenlescamp
Dave123
jennifers791
juliaa
Imurhuni
jackey
mulan
helen01
yorkiegirl
24 posters

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because Empty Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

Post by yorkiegirl Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:26 pm

yet again we have had a new foster carer decide with the old owner that she was keeping the dog that she had collected less than 24 hours prior.
    I got a call early this morning from the old owner telling me that the 'foster' carer was keeping her dog! I said no sorry we do not work like that. All dogs MUST do their minimum 2 week assessment before they are even considered for rehoming. The call went round in circles & she said she would call the carer. I then called the said carer who firstly said it was the old owners wishes etc.
    I said again about the assessment & also the 3 dog rule to which she started to play dumb, blaming us for asking her to collect the dog quickly etc scratch  Funny how the SIGNED foster form arrived this morning? Helen was asked where the 'paperwork & cheque was to be sent to by the carer & yet she then proceeded to tell me she did not know what she was doing & never got any paperwork scratch 
    So as this has now happened twice I will no longer be taking on any new foster carers. Sorry but the trust element has been truly kicked out of me.
    I have now also been deleted from her Facebook so I cannot see what she is up to now as she informed the rescue that the old owner was collecting the dog back.
    Whether this is true or another lie is irrelevant she has now caused many dogs to be turned away by her selfish actions
    I may even decide to actually call on her in person & take the dog from her that she adopted. She claimed she did not know what she signed with the foster agreement so I would hate to think she did not know what she signed when she adopted. Evil or Very Mad 
    So the 9 applications we had in over the weekend & today will have to go elsewhere if there is anywhere

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because Empty Re: Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  How can they do it Sue? When I phone any potential new foster carers I explain the three dog rule to such an extent sometimes people change their mind and decide to adopt instead. We all sign forms saying the foster dog belongs to the Rescue. I hope she wasn't any of my recruits. Sad 

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because Empty Re: Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:36 pm

wont swear, fostering is rewarding frustrating and heartbreaking in equal measures and it is the best thing I have ever done. you take in a broken soul mend it and send it on to live a full life with lots of love in a family that understand what a gift the are getting, yes I have failed wth my 5th foster faith, but I followed the rules and sobbed when my third foster pip squeak went as I loved the bones of that dog but we were not right for him he needed to be an only child so off he went.Te rules are in place to protect not only the rescue but the dogs and thats what this rescue is about the dogs, I hope this person realises just what damage she has done

rant over

p.s sue you have my 100% support in what ever you do xx
    helen01
    helen01
    Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Too peed off for words at the minute.  I dont like being lied to and today I have been lied to a few times.  If its not bad enough dealing with the dogs coming in and trying to decipher a dogs needs and whos suitable to foster it, were now having to deal with things like this.  p.ssedoff.com tonight Crying or Very sad 

I hope this lady realises what shes done Evil or Very Mad
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Sorry to say im not surprise to read this, I know youve had issues in the past with new foster carers taking it upon themselves to rehome the dog to themselves. Being a foster carer is a hard task, but the word "FOSTER" means just that.

I for one know that your forms are legally binding. If you want to collect the dog I will gladly come with you. Im sure the police will also agree that the dog is legally yours to collect.

Just give me a shout, I will come with you.

M x
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:15 pm

sheilaj wrote:Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad  How can they do it Sue?  When I phone any potential new foster carers I explain  the three dog rule to such an extent sometimes people change their mind and decide to adopt instead. We all sign forms saying the foster dog belongs to the Rescue. I hope she wasn't any of my recruits.  Sad   
    No Sheilaj not one of your recruits. It is actually someone that we allowed to adopt last year & was so nice etc!! Evil or Very Mad 

mulan wrote:Sorry to say im not surprise to read this, I know youve had issues in the past with new foster carers taking it upon themselves to rehome the dog to themselves. Being a foster carer is a hard task, but the word "FOSTER" means just that.

I for one know that your forms are legally binding. If you want to collect the dog I will gladly come with you. Im sure the police will also agree that the dog is legally yours to collect.

Just give me a shout, I will come with you.

M   x
    That is just it Mulan they are now denying all knowledge of any paperwork existing!!! So not got a leg to stand on.
    Sadly I hope if this person keeps the dog he actually turns into the dog from hell as she will not have rescue back up
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Ah! See what you mean, I still like the idea of turning up in person and confronting her, the majority of people are all mouth when on the phone. Would be a different matter if we turned up on her doorstep.

Im still with you, As I know you have the balls to do it, and you know im good for it.

M x
    jackey
    jackey

Post by jackey Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

Name and shame the cow
    Imurhuni
    Imurhuni

Post by Imurhuni Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 pm

What the f#%# is wrong with people Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 837644 , someone Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687 somewhere is always making it difficult for you to run things smoothly. I'd go round there with you too, and lay down a few laws Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 134740 
    juliaa
    juliaa

Post by juliaa Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:45 pm

FFS!!!!!

What the f is wrong with people?!

Sue, I have only just seen this and yet again am gobsmacked by the ignorance and arrogance of some people!
    Can you not just be left alone to run this rescue as the brilliant rescue that it is?
    I know that I am a failed foster but, I have fostered a lot of dogs and have always played by the rules as most of us have.
    This is sooo sad as it means that trust is lost and new fosters cannot join and therefore dogs lose out once again!
    Some people are just beyond belief!!
    I am available if you need fosters around this area! or for anything else, some of us are actually genuine and just want to help dogs and you of course!!

helen01
    helen01
    Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 pm

juliaa wrote:FFS!!!!!

What the f is wrong with people?!

Sue, I have only just seen this and yet again am gobsmacked by the ignorance and arrogance of some people!
    Can you not just be left alone to run this rescue as the brilliant rescue that it is?
    I know that I am a failed foster but, I have fostered a lot of dogs and have always played by the rules as most of us have.
    This is sooo sad as it means that trust is lost and new fosters cannot join and therefore dogs lose out once again!
    Some people are just beyond belief!!
    I am available if you need fosters around this area! or for anything else, some of us are actually genuine and just want to help dogs and you of course!!

Thanks Julia.  The daft thing is theres nothing wrong with failed fosterers.  As long as the dog has been correctly assessed and is in the right home then thats not the issue (so dont feel bad...I've failed a few times too Razz).  Its the lies and deceit...its unreal and was so unnecessary Crying or Very sad
    juliaa
    juliaa

Post by juliaa Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 am

That is why it is soo upsetting Helen, when done properly for the dogs benefit there isn't a problem anyway. Just wish people could be honest for a change!
    Admin and Sue get so much sh1t thrown at them it is unbelievable!
    Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 52970  to you all, you do a marvellous job in extremely difficult circumstances.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:22 am

I never realised people could actually be like this ! Im shocked. Theres one thing that does my box in its liars, i dont suffer them at all. Hence why i kicked out my first husband hehehe. Do they not realise they are jeopardising the whole rescue process with actions like this. Many genuine people could be overlooked because of their actions. Rules are put in place to protect everybody and its not up to them to decide to change them to suit themselves.! Im giving my little Buddy a huge hug right now as i know i am the lucky one to have him to look after . I know i must be very naive but i didnt think people could be so twisted !!!!! rant over Mad 
    jennifers791
    jennifers791

Post by jennifers791 Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:35 am

Unfortunately the few scum like this, ruin things for all the other genuine, kind hearted, hard working, wonderful, loving, brilliant, fantastic, self sacrificing, .......... real fosterers out there. (Especially the failed ones Razz )
    I love you all for what you do, as well as all the admin peeps. Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 253235  Keep up your good work.

We all know what a hard job you do Sue. Don't let this heffer grind you down.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest her armpits and Frontline not work Exclamation  Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687  Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687
    Dave123
    Dave123

Post by Dave123 Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:25 am

Well what can we say, after the Dinky episode I thought that this would not happen for quite some time if at all.

Is this a new fosterer? if not WTF are you doing you stupid Woman, presumably you have read the rules on fostering easy to follow if you have a brain cell.

Sue and Admin any help we can give just call and let us know I tend to agree with Jackey and name and shame the stupid Woman

If she has anything about her and believes what she has done is right let her put her reasons on here, although I believe she just aint got the Guts, you know who you are just put your reasons down on here

XXXXXXXX
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:07 am

The mind boggles. Selfish selfish woman. Get to her front door, take copies of the posts or emails or whatever, and get some burly chaps with you, always helps.

Perhaps all requests should be done by email, with all the rules etc in bold block captitals, copied to someone else who you know you can trust. And there's lots of us you know you can trust, there really is.

Any more transport that's required give us a shout, we can sort that out between us. Don't forget there's many more good apples than bad ones, honest.

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 52970 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 52970 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 52970 

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 am

Well I know the lady is and the name of the dog, but, naming her changes nothing, but I will gladly come with you and Mulan to get the dog. I will bring my little honey, she can't bite as she has no teeth but will certainly give her a piece of her mind.
    The trust will return, it has to so the rescue can continue, because without new people dogs will suffer. A suggestion which I know might not always work, but can't new dogs be collected by one of your trusted carers, there is a committed, loyal and honest lot if us out there, assessed for two weeks, then given to new carers?
    All of admin are wonderful but must be under incredible stress, let some of us volunteers help if we can, to help you carry the load, we just need to be asked.
    I do hope I am not speaking out of turn and that other foster carers feel as strongly about this rescue as I do, it MUST carry on, don't let stupid selfish people destroy it, they are not worth it, united we are strong.
    helen01
    helen01
    Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:04 am

Jean-granger wrote:Well I know the lady is and the name of the dog, but, naming her changes nothing, but I will gladly come with you and Mulan to get the dog. I will bring my little honey, she can't bite as she has no teeth but will certainly give her a piece of her mind.
    The trust will return, it has to so the rescue can continue, because without new people dogs will suffer. A suggestion which I know might not always work, but can't new dogs be collected by one of your trusted carers, there is a committed, loyal and honest lot if us out there, assessed for two weeks, then given to new carers?
    All of admin are wonderful but must be under incredible stress, let some of us volunteers help if we can, to help you carry the load, we just need to be asked.
    I do hope I am not speaking out of turn and that other foster carers feel as strongly about this rescue as I do, it MUST carry on, don't let stupid selfish people destroy it, they are not worth it, united we are strong.
    I think were going to have to get 'transporters' to collect dogs and then place in foster homes for us.  Its a shame though as people handing over the dogs like to see who is looking after the dog. 

Nearly every dog I have had handed over to the rescue via me always asks if I will keep the dog.  The answer is always the same 'no he/she will go up for adoption' this isnt even about being a failed foster carer as tbh that doesn't come into it...its about lying and deceiving the rescue and the owners.  A dog needs assessing, vet checking etc before anyone decides whether or not to adopt him/her.  What will she do now if he/she turns into the dog from hell etc?  Dogs dont show their true colours at first and once settled that lovely sweet dog may soon be a nightmare What a Face
    Allicatt
    Allicatt
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by Allicatt Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 am

I can't believe what has happened, that is totally out of order. I had applied to foster but totally accept Sue's stance now in not accepting new careers. However, if there is anything else I can do to help I will.
    Dave123
    Dave123

Post by Dave123 Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 am

Always available for transport as you know at short notice

XXX

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:32 am

This person isn't a failed foster carer - she's a thief! I bet she hasn't paid the adoption fee, so not only has she nicked one of Sue's dogs she's also deprived the Rescue of much needed funds. Failed foster carers (oh I hate that term!) have only the dog's best interest at heart, this woman has been selfish and used the guise of being a foster carer so she could get a dog for free. She's a disgrace.
    tippy-moon77
    tippy-moon77

Post by tippy-moon77 Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:23 pm

What can I say that has not already been said. So sorry you have to go through this stress again so soon. Like everyone else I would gladly offer my support and help wherever it may be required if transport /collection etc is needed.

It's easy to say and hard to do , please try not to let one bad apple drag you down, remember there are lots of us on here that support you and all the work you do and will help you where ever we can. Sending you some healing Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 52970 
    cowboyz
    cowboyz
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Their is always ONE who puts a spanner in the works.....Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687 

Sue get yourself down there and get the dog back.. don't take the crap......you have never been one to give in so don't start now ..

I will put the money in the tank just let me know how much .......other than that get the bus on the road Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
    fran53
    fran53

Post by fran53 Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm happy to go get any dog back from any unsuitable adopter/thief Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687  As long as it's my day off I don't mind how far I travel. I'm cheap (well free actually)

Due to this persons actions, the dog is now either a) back with the original owner, in the circumstances that were unsuitable, hence the owner contacting the Rescue in the first place or b) in a new home that nobody knows is suitable for it.

I think 99 % of the owners I have collected from (apart from the sh**y breeders) have asked me if I will be fostering their dog, it's a comfort thing, they've met you and they like to put a face to where their dog is going. They are always happy with the fact that, even if it's not me, it's another family home where they will be loved, looked after and assessed until their forever home comes along and no kennels are ever involved and that we are all always in constant contact with ther Rescue and each other. Simple

I haven't got any suitable words to describe how this person makes me feel so I'm just going to agree with what everybody before me has said Sad  Safest option pale 
    Marion

Post by Marion Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:42 pm

fran53 wrote:I'm happy to go get any dog back from any unsuitable adopter/thief Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 46687   As long as it's my day off I don't mind how far I travel.   I'm cheap (well free actually)

Due to this persons actions, the dog is now either a) back with the original owner, in the circumstances that were unsuitable, hence the owner contacting the Rescue in the first place or b) in a new home that nobody knows is suitable for it.  

I think 99 % of the owners I have collected from (apart from the sh**y breeders) have asked me if I will be fostering their dog, it's a comfort thing, they've met you and they like to put a face to where their dog is going.  They are always happy with the fact that, even if it's not me, it's another family home where they will be loved, looked after and assessed until their forever home comes along and no kennels are ever involved and that we are all always in constant contact with ther Rescue and each other.  Simple

I haven't got any suitable words to describe how this person makes me feel so I'm just going to agree with what everybody before me has said  Sad     Safest option  pale 
    Fran am gonna pm you x
    bomma
    bomma

Post by bomma Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 am

Hi this is so sad not for the twit who has basically stolen a dog with no thought for its wefare . As you all know we have been thinking long and hard about fostering simply because at the moment my husband doesn't feel he could give them away, but that's exactly it. You know if your capable its something you don't go into lightly.
    Do you still want us to give out the leaflets advertizing fostering Neutral 
    westie13
    westie13

Post by westie13 Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Surely if you just have people to transport the dogs into the rescue who either already have dogs or do not want or need another dog then wouldn't this work better. Or people you already have as adopters or fosterers. Then they know the rules already rather than a new fosterer. I for one would be glad to help in collecting dogs if it did not involve too much travelling as I cannot cope with long journeys anymore due to disabilities. If you let people who you already know or trust do the transport side then would this not alleviate this kind of thing happening. It is such a shame that future furbabies are going to be turned away just because of one self centred selfish cow that has done this to the rescue.
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Some dogs must be an only dog as don't get on with other dogs so need a foster home without one, there are so many reasons why you have to find the right foster home for the dogs needs, some can't manage too many in their home at one time, so lots of juggling needs to be done and to stop driving the fosters miles away as they are traumatised anyway leaving there homes.

What might be better is for anyone wanting to foster is to have them fill the forms in and returned before they have a dog in their care, then the rescue can prosecute if necessary as a last resort.
    me_luvin_life
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by me_luvin_life Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 pm

rosalie wrote:
    What might be better is for anyone wanting to foster is to have them fill the forms in and returned before they have a dog in their care, then the rescue can prosecute if necessary as a last resort.
    I think this is a good idea.

I just can't believe someone is selfish enough to do this Evil or Very Mad .  Everyone works so hard to make sure that the doggies are well looked after and this is the last thing you need and so unfair to the dogs who will suffer as a result completely selfish and I hope that Karma bites her extremely bloody badly and I am sure it will at some point.

In the mean time if their is anything we can do to help then please give us a shout Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because 52970

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I think that's the way things are normally done, but in an emergency situation there's no time to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's. There has to be an element of trust, and anyone transporting can say they don't want another dog and then keep it for themselves, and I believe this woman collected the dog from it's previous home herself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 am