The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

Heidi proof

yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Heidi proof

Post by yorkiegirl on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Well so far yet again a no show from Heidis potential adoptee & no phone call either. Crying or Very sad
I have said to Val if by tonight there is nothing then the adoption will not take place. Jaguar has waited in all day when she could have gone out for a few hours. It really is not fair on both the dogs & especially the foster carers to have their time wasted.

http://dogrescue-pages.forumotion.com

teresav

Post by teresav on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Any news
minniedog91
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by minniedog91 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 pm

confused I hope everything is OK? Any word?
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Not as far as I know. It was a no last time I spoke to Val though

rosalie
The Guru
The Guru

Post by rosalie on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:08 pm

jaguar wrote:
WAS7 wrote:But what is that date on there ??? 2010 ???
i dont know how to change the date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some cameras you can't change the date, I have one and wrote to the maker asking if it could be changed, they said no, so some of my earlier photos have 2002 on them. There is not a date instruction in the book.
lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 pm

So sorry for Heidi,her new mummuy that was to be was so excited,cant understand it.
TO Heidi.
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 pm

lucylee1 wrote:So sorry for Heidi,her new mummuy that was to be was so excited,cant understand it.
TO Heidi.

As far as I know not even a phone call. Sorry but poor Val rarely gets out & today she could have done just that as the nurse was not visiting her.

lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 pm

Marie got lost last time,do you think shes still trying to find her way........still she could have phoned.
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 pm

yorkiegirl wrote:
lucylee1 wrote:So sorry for Heidi,her new mummuy that was to be was so excited,cant understand it.
TO Heidi.

As far as I know not even a phone call. Sorry but poor Val rarely gets out & today she could have done just that as the nurse was not visiting her.
No phone call or text or anything i could have gone out & spent a fortune...........
lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:04 pm

So sorry you were let down Val as well as Heidi,maybe this adoption wasn't meant to be.Still one
good thing is you still have little Heidi to give you cuddles for a bit longer.Wished i didn't
live so far away,i love the oldies[Heidi not you Val.] old i mean.Think i had better shut up,
putting my foot in it again.
Hugs Lucy Lee.
The Fairy

Post by The Fairy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:09 pm

[quote="jaguar"]
yorkiegirl wrote:
TO Heidi.

No phone call or text or anything i could have gone out & spent a fortune...........[/quote]

Oh my pet hate is people wasting other peoples time, especially those that put so much time and effort in to Rescue. One phone call is not asking for much is it. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 pm

[quote="The Fairy"]
jaguar wrote:
yorkiegirl wrote:
TO Heidi.

No phone call or text or anything i could have gone out & spent a fortune...........[/quote]

Oh my pet hate is people wasting other peoples time, especially those that put so much time and effort in to Rescue. One phone call is not asking for much is it. Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I know especially when Marie was logged on at 18.16 tonight but no post? Sadly a pm would have also been nice.

lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Oh Sue that's terrible, Has Marie been playing games?, what are some people like?.Most probably
cant face you and Val,but thats still sneaky ,like someone taking the p-ss.
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:26 pm

lucylee1 wrote:Oh Sue that's terrible, Has Marie been playing games?, what are some people like?.Most probably
cant face you and Val,but thats still sneaky ,like someone taking the p-ss.
i wouldn't mind if i had a message i would have understood i'm not an ogre am i confused or am i???
perhaps you should do same as all other rescues do & charge £25-30 for a home check then deduct from adoption fee if all goes well.....
Rubina
Admin Assistant
Admin Assistant

Post by Rubina on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 pm

I am getting a bit annoyed with these people now! This has happened several times recently. Not only are they letting the Foster carer down, letting the dog down but also stopping other potential adoptee's from giving forever homes by some weeks potentially.

It seems to me that there are so many lies and half truths!

Perhaps you should charge a refundable deposit of maybe £50.00? This could be refunded if the potential adopter turns up and either party felt it wasn't going to work or taken off the adoption fee if all went well.

If the adopter didn't turn up after it was explained that they had been RESERVED and didn't ever do so then the deposit would not be refunded. This of course would not stop people who were seriously interested in adopting a particular dog but would hopefully stop those who are time wasters and don't actually care, don't want to adopt but only like the idea of doing so.

Just a thought!
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Rubina wrote:I am getting a bit annoyed with these people now! This has happened several times recently. Not only are they letting the Foster carer down, letting the dog down but also stopping other potential adoptee's from giving forever homes by some weeks potentially.

It seems to me that there are so many lies and half truths!

Perhaps you should charge a refundable deposit of maybe £50.00? This could be refunded if the potential adopter turns up and either party felt it wasn't going to work or taken off the adoption fee if all went well.

If the adopter didn't turn up after it was explained that they had been RESERVED and didn't ever do so then the deposit would not be refunded. This of course would not stop people who were seriously interested in adopting a particular dog but would hopefully stop those who are time wasters and don't actually care, don't want to adopt but only like the idea of doing so.

Just a thought!

Rubina your thoughts are the same as what I have had recently.
Sadly the very same thing has also happened to poor Lou Lou & Bruiser (now called Bruce as it is better). His potential adoptee has now been left a total of 12 voice mails at different times & had 5 emails also sent yet not even a quick message saying no longer wanting them.
What people do not realise is I actually pay costs for people to home check if they are no volunteers on here. If I go to a volunteer site & ask it costs the rescue money for this as fuel is not cheap at present. So whilst some moan at the £175 I have possibly already spent anything up to £20 in fuel. Foster carers are all wonderful volunteers that really do put themselves out for the rescue & this is how they are treated. Val I am so sorry. Group Hug

lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:45 pm

and i'm sure genuine people would be happy to do that, but some have mouned about
the adoption fee ,and what do people get out of mucking the rescue about.BUT......im going to be
kind now and say that Marie might have a good reason for not turning up at Vals and maybe there
is a reason she cant contact Val or Sue.Maybe they will never know,and the good thing is Heidi
wont know she has been let down and shes still with Val who loves her.
fran53

Post by fran53 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm

i wouldn't mind if i had a message i would have understood i'm not an ogre am i confused or am i???
perhaps you should do same as all other rescues do & charge £25-30 for a home check then deduct from adoption fee if all goes well.....[/quote]

My OH has suggested a deposit that is refundable if it doesn't work out after home check and visit for sensible reasons as we all know, some dogs just don't get along, or they can take a dislike to you for some reason or other.

I don't think some people realise that Home Checkers, Foster carers and everybody else involved in finding these little ones perfect homes does it voluntarily, unpaid and gives up their free time especially to accommodate potential adoptees visiting, therefore it isn't unreasonable to expect a bit of courtesy and every day good manners in keeping them informed about circumstances that prevent meetings or visits happening for whatever reason, they do have to have a life of their own as well. Poor Sue runs around like a chicken that's lost it's head, Gail, Helen, Val and lots of other people work really hard doing things 'behind the scenes' to keep the Rescue running smoothly. Most of us appreciate it immensely, others seem to think it's some kind of hobby.

It's an important decision to make, to adopt a dog from a Rescue, they have already moved home at least once, the day of your visit isn't the time to change your mind that it's not something you want to do, for goodness sake think long and hard before you even put the paperwork in, there's no rush, for every dog you see adopted there are so many more on their way. Make sure the timing is right, that it's the right dog for you and your circumstances, read the thread that the Foster Carer has written, then make an informed decision and only apply if it is the right dog for you and your are right for the dog.

to you all Val, I know it's horrible waiting for potential adoptees to turn up, even worse that you've done it twice now for Heidi. Bless her. Hope her special home comes soon

I've rambled on now, sorry . You can delete all this or move it or something if you like, but it's made me angry Evil or Very Mad
Rubina
Admin Assistant
Admin Assistant

Post by Rubina on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 am

lucylee1 wrote: and i'm sure genuine people would be happy to do that, but some have mouned about
the adoption fee ,and what do people get out of mucking the rescue about.BUT......im going to be
kind now and say that Marie might have a good reason for not turning up at Vals and maybe there
is a reason she cant contact Val or Sue.Maybe they will never know,and the good thing is Heidi wont know she has been let down and shes still with Val who loves her.

Absolutely agree, Lucylee -there may well be a very good reason Marie has been out of contact. Stuff happens to all of us unexpectedly and we need to be sympathetic and understanding of this! Hopefully, Marie will be back in touch. I made my comments because this has happenned several times recently.

I do though think that asking a refundable Reserve Fee is a good idea but think another thread on this and not clogging up Heidi's thread to be a good idea!

Rubina x
yorkiegirl
ADMIN
ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 am

fran53 wrote:
perhaps you should do same as all other rescues do & charge £25-30 for a home check then deduct from adoption fee if all goes well.....

My OH has suggested a deposit that is refundable if it doesn't work out after home check and visit for sensible reasons as we all know, some dogs just don't get along, or they can take a dislike to you for some reason or other.

I don't think some people realise that Home Checkers, Foster carers and everybody else involved in finding these little ones perfect homes does it voluntarily, unpaid and gives up their free time especially to accommodate potential adoptees visiting, therefore it isn't unreasonable to expect a bit of courtesy and every day good manners in keeping them informed about circumstances that prevent meetings or visits happening for whatever reason, they do have to have a life of their own as well. Poor Sue runs around like a chicken that's lost it's head, Gail, Helen, Val and lots of other people work really hard doing things 'behind the scenes' to keep the Rescue running smoothly. Most of us appreciate it immensely, others seem to think it's some kind of hobby.

It's an important decision to make, to adopt a dog from a Rescue, they have already moved home at least once, the day of your visit isn't the time to change your mind that it's not something you want to do, for goodness sake think long and hard before you even put the paperwork in, there's no rush, for every dog you see adopted there are so many more on their way. Make sure the timing is right, that it's the right dog for you and your circumstances, read the thread that the Foster Carer has written, then make an informed decision and only apply if it is the right dog for you and your are right for the dog.

to you all Val, I know it's horrible waiting for potential adoptees to turn up, even worse that you've done it twice now for Heidi. Bless her. Hope her special home comes soon

I've rambled on now, sorry . You can delete all this or move it or something if you like, but it's made me angry Evil or Very Mad
[/quote]

Why delete scratch it is exactly what I was trying to say but a lot more diplomatic.
If anyone has taken offence then I will NOT aplogise. It is not a HOBBY as some appear to feel it is. Sometimes I wish it was. You know the model kit that you start & then get bored with & move on then to a different model etc, wow that would be great, but sadly it is not a HOBBY I am responsible for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, etc dogs at any one time, wondering if I can provide for them all, pay all the vet bills as well as making sure that all our sponsor dogs (yes they are the ones that need constant meds etc) are again provided for. I cannot just switch off my computer & go to bed & sleep, I switch it off after possibly 18hrs of being up, transfering money, emailing Gail about who we have coming in, where they can go, what they need etc. Then poor Helen & Val get me on the phone about where we need more foster carers & what we need to raise etc. My daughter actually missed out on so much as I was running the rescue, she would be bundled into the car in the middle of the night as I had a call about a Welsh puppy farm raid (yes I lived in Wales for a long time) & now my Grand Children suffer as Nanny is always too busy or too poor to have them/see them because of the rescue. It takes 1 call to say sorry but I feel maybe I am not able to adopt after all or if you cannot call an email or a text, but please my foster carers are worth so very much to the rescue as many of you would not have your babies now if it was not for the selflessness/generousity/money etc.
Ok I ma now going to get the car boot bits ready, but will say one last thing. At 11.28 tonight I got a call about a litle one & guess what Fraiser & Gordon are off tomorrow to help him. That is dedication.

lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 am

And i think most members respect and appreciate all the hard work you all do
to help these little ones to find a forever home.I might not always agree with somethings
that are said here but i do know that you are dedicated in your aim to find the right home
for all the dogs that pass thru the rescue,you also see the distressed state some of these
dogs are in and some awful cruelty that most of us could not cope with.This is not the first
time you have been let down ,and it wont be the last ,so onwards and upwards Heidi will find
her forever home ,the ones who let the rescue dogs down are the losers.
tilly790

Post by tilly790 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:26 am

Well i cant believe this has happened again ..some people are unbelievable.. Evil or Very Mad
kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:19 am

I can only agree with everything that has been said, with knobs on!!! Grrrrr. Selfishness, silliness, whatever it is, own up. Be polite, be honest, it costs nothing.

Back to the beautiful Heidi, and the lovely, kindhearted generous family she's with at the moment - what a sweetie pie she is, you're actually a very lucky bunny, Val, you've got her for a bit longer!! (one way to look at it, tee hee) - and you have a wonderful, marvellous, fantastic husband and son there with you too!

Does the gorgeous Heidi need anything - (apart from a reliable adopter, I mean), her cousin by YTTBR wants to know if he can send her a pressie to cheer her up! (I can just imgine what he's thnkin of!! Rolling Eyes )

Love and hugs to everyone, don't forget it takes all sorts to make a world (gggrrrrrr again)

bb666

Post by bb666 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

poor little Heidi,shame she doesnt like cats No
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:26 am

bb666 wrote:poor little Heidi,shame she doesnt like cats No
she is fine with cats.. she was with 2 at sues with no bother....
WAS7

Post by WAS7 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:23 pm

yorkiegirl wrote: What people do not realise is I actually pay costs for people to home check if they are no volunteers on here. If I go to a volunteer site & ask it costs the rescue money for this as fuel is not cheap at present. So whilst some moan at the £175 I have possibly already spent anything up to £20 in fuel. Foster carers are all wonderful volunteers that really do put themselves out for the rescue & this is how they are treated. Val I am so sorry. Group Hug

When we adopted Leo (2010) we were asked to pay the homechecker £10 when she came and this was taken off the adoption fee. Of course petrol prices have increased considerably since then! I think the refundable (or non refundable!) deposit is an excellent idea and would prevent time wasters. Hope you can have another free day out Val, well not free moneywise but free of the nurse visit cheers
Teddy's Mum

Post by Teddy's Mum on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:23 pm

It's strange there seem to be so many of these "let downs" going on.....do you think it's someone mischief making or someone with a grudge against the rescue? Anyway Heidi is gorgeous and won't have to wait long I'm sure x
helen01
Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Teddy's Mum wrote:It's strange there seem to be so many of these "let downs" going on.....do you think it's someone mischief making or someone with a grudge against the rescue? Anyway Heidi is gorgeous and won't have to wait long I'm sure x

Possibly...personally I think its partly because the internet is more accessible to everyone. People have laptops, internet on the phones, ipads etc. It seems to be that people are window shopping as opposed to taking adoption seriously? Its disheartening though, especially for the dogs. The people seem genuine, seem nice people, we get them homechecked, it all seems really good....and then Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
lucylee1

Post by lucylee1 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:50 pm

So is Heidi looking for a new forever home again Sue,i'm trying to work out how
far she is from me in Wales,and of course if you have a homechecker near me if i
was lucky to adopt Heidi.
Hugs Lucylee.
jaguar
FOSTER CARER
FOSTER CARER

Post by jaguar on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:53 pm

lucylee1 wrote:So is Heidi looking for a new forever home again Sue,i'm trying to work out how
far she is from me in Wales,and of course if you have a homechecker near me if i
was lucky to adopt Heidi.
Hugs Lucylee.
we are 110 miles & 2hrs 11mins travelling time...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:08 am