The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+4
fruityjug
marypoppins
yorkiegirl
jayfor
8 posters

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help

jayfor

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help Empty extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help

Post by jayfor Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Extremely urgent – please is there anyone in or around Derby who can help

A long shot I know but there is a couple in Derby with several cats of various ages.
    They have to move home and can only take 2 cats with them. The move is imminent - in fact the cats should have gone by last Friday ready for the move but things have been delayed.

Our son was approached by this couple and he rang to see if we knew of anyone or any rescue that can help save these cats from being PTS.
    Time is now running out for them.

I did say that there are THOUSANDS of cats in the same position and it will not be easy - I passed on as many cat rescue contact numbers as I could find in the Derby and surrounding area but of course they are all full. Some are strays that 'adopted' this couple.

As I said, I am not holding out much hope but it is always worth a try.

There are now just 4 left needing to be saved

Details are as follows..................................

1, Moppet 6 yrs old female spayed. Bright coloured tortie. Had a badly broken leg now got metal pin in it.

2, Dulcie 4 yrs old female spayed, dark tortie

3, Magic 4 yrs old female not spayed, small black

4, Wikkitu 4 yrs old, male castrated, large black

All are house trained and can be rehomed separately

Son has been to see these cats tonight and sent mobile phone photos a short time ago – I will try to get them online tomorrow.

Please ask around if anyone you know can help save them, Jenny Crying or Very sad
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help Empty Re: extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help

Post by yorkiegirl Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 am

Sorry Jenny, just seen this. I will pm/email Faye to see if she can help. Hope it is not too late Crying or Very sad
    jayfor

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help Empty Re: extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help

Post by jayfor Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 am

They were OK tonight when son managed to get over and hopefully till end of week - they are gorgeous as you will see if I can get photos on tomorrow - in Allestree area of Derby if that is any help. I just wish we had been given more time, Jenny Crying or Very sad
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am

OK here goes - details are as above - theses cats are in Derby - now TRYING to post photos

The 4 remaining cats needing urgent help to prevent them being PTS are..........

1, Moppet 6 yrs old female spayed. Bright coloured tortie. Had a badly broken leg now got metal pin in it.

2, Dulcie 4 yrs old female spayed, dark tortie

3, Magic 4 yrs old female not spayed, small black

4, Wikkitu 4 yrs old, male castrated, large black

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help MoppetandDulcieMOPPET AND DULCIE extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help MagicandWikkituMAGIC AND WIKKITU

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help MoppetMOPPET extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help Magic MAGIC

extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help DulcieDULCIE extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help WikkituWIKKITU

PLEASE ask around even if you cannot help them yourself - they do not have to be kept together and they now NEED help urgently to save their lives - rescue place if possible or a genuine loving home, Jenny Crying or Very sad

PS the elderly white cat in some of the photos is one that is going with the owners
    marypoppins
    marypoppins

Post by marypoppins Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:56 am

I'll crosspost for you, have you tried friends of the animals I know they have a few fosterers in that area.
    fruityjug

Post by fruityjug Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 am

also try posting on

dogpages http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?

rhu http://forum.rescuehelpersunite.co.uk/login.php?do=logout&logouthash=1268813093-234a4c721c93aec68e5ac75934652954a2724fbe

cat detective is down in Devon but may be able to help in some way - find her on rhu
    jackie_stout
    jackie_stout
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by jackie_stout Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 am

What about the Cats protection. there's one near Lincoln run by a friend of a friend but don't know details, sorry.
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:56 am

thank you all so much - dont do dogpages but will try RHU - tried to get CPL over here yesterday but trying again today - local Derby ones are all full so I guess ours will be as well but if you dont try you dont know. Our son would bring them over.
    If we had more notice we could have got them on waiting lists Neutral
    Just need 4 rescues to take one each and they would safe - so frustrating, Jennyx

Last edited by jayfor on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Provisional offer made for all 4 cats from a rescue not too far from Derby - just trying to arrange getting vaccinations up to date - everything crossed for them and will of course update as soon as there is any more news, Jenny extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 556819 and praying like mad!!!!!!
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Will also cross my fingers for them, good luck extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 556819
    marypoppins
    marypoppins

Post by marypoppins Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Just talking to Debbie (Cat Detective) she might be able to take 1 maybe 2. I'm just seeing if I can find some fosters for her bear with me.
    Taudy
    Taudy

Post by Taudy Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Sounds like these little one have been saved, well done to all concerned. extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 639729 extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 639729 extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 639729
    marypoppins
    marypoppins

Post by marypoppins Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Debbie says she might beable to take all 4. He's the thread I started if you want to sort things out with her saves any crossed wires Smile http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6600&p=50941#p50941
    marypoppins
    marypoppins

Post by marypoppins Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Sorry just read the thread above. I have a hard job concentrating with 2 little ones running around lmao.
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:02 pm

marypoppins wrote:Debbie says she might beable to take all 4. He's the thread I started if you want to sort things out with her saves any crossed wires Smile http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6600&p=50941#p50941

I can't get in - I think it may be because I am not registered Rolling Eyes

Thank you everyone for all the supposrt, help and advice.

The latest is.............. I am HOPING we are more or less sorted.

Just got to hold my breath until Tuesday now when they have their vaccs and vet checks!!! A friend has offered to keep an eye on the cats until then - hopefully after that they will be on their way and safe and sound!!!! It means they will be staying in their own home until 'the day', Jenny Neutral
    marypoppins
    marypoppins

Post by marypoppins Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Yeah you need to be registered. Smile

I'll pass on the message anyhow.
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 am

marypoppins wrote:Yeah you need to be registered. Smile

I'll pass on the message anyhow.

Thank you Smile

I am a bit twitchy about them having to wait until Tuesday morning BUT the person who will be keeping an eye on them and feeding them etc etc really does care about them - just a pity they couldn;t take them on really but they can't so thats that.

WHY do we put ourselves through this scratch Jenny xx
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 pm

I just knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 out 4 are sorted and safe and sound tonight in a lovely snuggy rescue.
    Cannot believe what happened today after all the hard work, though I guess it could have been much worse.
    Our son took a day off work today, went to collect the remaining 4 to take for vaccinations, health check etc etc etc then off to the rescue that has offered places.
    The woman is still at the house so that is good for the cats BUT when son got there NO CATS!!! She said the children had quite deliberately let the cats out a while before, knowing he was coming!!!
    He managed to coax back 3 of the 4 and get them into carriers but number 4 - the tiny, unspayed female - was nowhere to be seen.
    In the end he had to leave with just the 3.
    If the fourth comes back it can still go to the rescue as things stand but may need a short-term foster place as our son will have to re-book vaccinations and another day off off to sort it out all over again.
    If anyone knows of anyone in Derby who would be able to foster this little female for a few days while she is sorted out all over again I would be so grateful.
    If he gets his hands on her he does NOT want to risk her going off a second time, Jenny
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:25 am

Hi there - sorry for the delay with an update but only sad news I'm afraid.
    Magic went walkabouts and is still roaming.
    Our son has been out searching for her most of the week. One evening he spent 2 1/2 hours solid in the freezing cold looking for her but didn't even get a sighting.
    The sad news is that although Magic has been seen around she is not going near the house at all now. People are saying they have seen her but nobody has tried, or been able, to pick her up. All feeling totally gutted!!!
    Our son is going over again over this weekend, has a couple of other people helping too.
    Her rescue place is still available to her, even if she turns up pregnant but obviously the place cannot be held forever on a "possible maybe".
    We have an idea for a contingency plan though - if she is caught she is NOT getting away!!!! ALSO, we are not giving up.
    We have now got 3 offers of fostering help should she be caught, so I think maybe this thread can be closed to make way for others in trouble and I will keep in touch with those who have offerred help.
    If/when Magic is caught I will take great delight in letting everyone know - please come back Magic!!

THANK YOU to all who have offerred help and advice and I will of course keep in touch with those actively involved, Jenny xx
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 pm

WELL GUESS WHAT?

The possible good news is that Magic may have a home!

It seems she has been taken in by a neighbour who didn't know who she belonged to and it looks like this neighbour wants to keep her.

Our son was up there today and will be talking to them again tomorrow or the day after.

It is near a huge park we know well and a wonderful place for a cat to live if it has the loving care of a loving home and owner.

Everything crossed that it is a good home, that they will have her spayed and that it all works out for the best for Magic!!!!!! Jenny
    helen01
    helen01
    Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm

That's great news extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 226719
    Taudy
    Taudy

Post by Taudy Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 pm

That's brilliant. I am so pleased for all concerned. extremely urgent - 4 lovely cats due to be PTS in Derby area - can anyone help 295595
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 pm

MAGIC HAS A HOME cheers
    The lady loves her to pieces and really does want to keep her so thats that ............. all her little friends are sorted too, so one very big happy ending. That you all for kind words, concern and advice, Jenny xx

edited for spelling Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:30 am