The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+4
Ladycool
helen01
The Fairy
ellejay
8 posters

Dylan - 3 yr old POM

ellejay
    ellejay

Dylan - 3 yr old   POM Empty Dylan - 3 yr old POM

Post by ellejay Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:36 pm

The Fairy
    The Fairy

Dylan - 3 yr old   POM Empty Re: Dylan - 3 yr old POM

Post by The Fairy Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:41 pm

OMG Suki is just beautiful. I want i want and i still want. She was found living in a burrow, oh i would so love to have her. (suppose i will just have to keep dreaming)lol. Dylan is a really cute boy too though. How the hell do these lovely animals end up in pounds/shelters. Mad Mad Mad
    helen01
    helen01
    Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:43 pm

He is Love2 Love2 Love2 Hope he finds a home soon  Dylan - 3 yr old   POM 556819
    ellejay
    ellejay

Post by ellejay Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 pm

The Fairy wrote:OMG Suki is just beautiful. I want i want and i still want. She was found living in a burrow, oh i would so love to have her. (suppose i will just have to keep dreaming)lol. Dylan is a really cute boy too though. How the hell do these lovely animals end up in pounds/shelters. Mad Mad Mad

yes she is gorgeous,.. i had a samoyed x border collie called Suki as well, she is the exact same colour and even weirdly same face .
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 pm

My heart went out to Susie.... , poor girl has been locked away in a garage most of the time, poor girl you can see she is soo scared and traumatised looking.. Sad Sad No
    jackey
    jackey

Post by jackey Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:28 pm

i fel in love with a dog at this rescue site to be told im not good enough because i live in a first floor flat!!! does it really matter if the dog is well loved,we have large grounds and a very big park at the bottom of the road made me feel like a tramp because i lived in a flat and wasnt good enough Sad

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Some people just wear blinkers all the time and can not see the bigger picture or think outside the box because they have tiny minds.
    As long as you are able to get to a park or fields it should not matter that you live in a flat if the dog is not to big for the space you have. Some flats I have lived in in the past have been bigger then the house I live in now.

Last edited by PAMELA on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Sparday
    Sparday

Post by Sparday Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 pm

It is such a shame to refuse to rehome to people living in a flat. Every one does not have a house or a large garden but it does not mean that the dog will not get lots of love and exercise. Better to rehome in a flat than to be stuck languishing in kennels for many months and in some cases years. Just my view.
    spottycayuse
    spottycayuse

Post by spottycayuse Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Jackey, how awful for you. I had the same thing though and I live on a farm!!! Apparently I had to have a 6ft fence round my property (eh...it's a FARM) before I would be permitted to rehome a dog from this charity - which I don't mind saying was Many Tears. Although rescues have to be careful surely that's what the home check is all about?? I have a friend who has climbed every Munro in the UK - she lives in a flat!!! Just because you live in a flat doesn't mean you don't go outside or walk.
    The unfortunate side is that when rescues turn somebody down without doing a home check and, during that home check remain sensible, then they are actually encouraging puppy breeding!! It's possible to go and purchase a puppy with no home check!!!!!
    spottycayuse
    spottycayuse

Post by spottycayuse Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Sparday wrote:

It is such a shame to refuse to rehome to people living in a flat. Every one does not have a house or a large garden but it does not mean that the dog will not get lots of love and exercise. Better to rehome in a flat than to be stuck languishing in kennels for many months and in some cases years. Just my view.

Excellent Post!
    jackey
    jackey

Post by jackey Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:02 am

We adopted a dog from a rescue centre that had been so badly treated she was 2 but looked 6 we had her for 5 very happy years I think she didn't care it was a flat all she cared about was the love and happiness of a family she sadly only lived till 7 some of the injures just caught up with her but I know she had the best 5 years of her life even in a flat!!! We now have digby who goes to the doggie park 3 times a day and has normal walks in between we had him from this rescue and so far he hasn't complained that he lives in a flat
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:28 am

jackey wrote:We adopted a dog from a rescue centre that had been so badly treated she was 2 but looked 6 we had her for 5 very happy years I think she didn't care it was a flat all she cared about was the love and happiness of a family she sadly only lived till 7 some of the injures just caught up with her but I know she had the best 5 years of her life even in a flat!!! We now have digby who goes to the doggie park 3 times a day and has normal walks in between we had him from this rescue and so far he hasn't complained that he lives in a flat

That is because you were the perfect slaves for him, no matter how big he is affraid (pics to follow), but what I am trying to say is we look at the dogs needs & if the person lives in a flat & lets all be honest people living in flats (unless they are ground floor & have direct access through french doors to the garden) probably get more walks that we who live in homes with gardens give ours? I know I am very guilty of some days just leaving the back door open because I have been on the road all day or similar. Calamity Jane adopted bonnie from us after being turned down by nearly all rescues in the UK, why!!!! Because they live on a house boat, but I have been on that boat & am so jealous as Bonnie has the whole of the UK as her garden. Many rescues are bloody narrow minded & as long as they are raking in the £'s they really do not care about the dogs.
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:13 am

yorkiegirl wrote:
    jackey wrote:We adopted a dog from a rescue centre that had been so badly treated she was 2 but looked 6 we had her for 5 very happy years I think she didn't care it was a flat all she cared about was the love and happiness of a family she sadly only lived till 7 some of the injures just caught up with her but I know she had the best 5 years of her life even in a flat!!! We now have digby who goes to the doggie park 3 times a day and has normal walks in between we had him from this rescue and so far he hasn't complained that he lives in a flat

That is because you were the perfect slaves for him, no matter how big he is affraid (pics to follow), but what I am trying to say is we look at the dogs needs & if the person lives in a flat & lets all be honest people living in flats (unless they are ground floor & have direct access through french doors to the garden) probably get more walks that we who live in homes with gardens give ours? I know I am very guilty of some days just leaving the back door open because I have been on the road all day or similar. Calamity Jane adopted bonnie from us after being turned down by nearly all rescues in the UK, why!!!! Because they live on a house boat, but I have been on that boat & am so jealous as Bonnie has the whole of the UK as her garden. Many rescues are bloody narrow minded & as long as they are raking in the £'s they really do not care about the dogs.

Before I lived in a flat i did have a back and front door and even though i had a garden my dogs only got to do an occassional pee in it i had loads of fields beside me i walked them there, along the canal paths it was lovely and we got to meet many regular dog walkers it was fun.

Re : FLATS
    That is ever so true Sue, Ive been living in flats for 5 years now and i walked my dogs so many times a day i lost count,the first flat I still had my big girl jess a long haired GSD and it was hard work but when you live in A flat with no garden access so to speak, you have to move your butt and take them out. They cannot pee in the loo and certainy not in the house , so in wind, rain , hail and snow ,I had to walk them both at least 4 times a day, and more.

I must admit when we had the bad winters like we have had here in Scotland for the last 2 years , minus 15 etc and all the ice and snow it was not plesant but had to be done..........

I used to get angry at some peeps i knew whose dogs never knew anything but the garden they never got walks, but like all animals they do need excercise.
    I envied people in the winter months as i would have loved to have a garden to let them out for quick pees etc, especially Tiny as he got older he never wanted to go out in all weathers i used to feel so guilty taking him out but it had to be done . pale
    Tiny also was on dueretics and i had to make sure he was okay and empty his bladder frequently.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:51 am