The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+4
tandymar
rosalie
Marion
nessie
8 posters

Snowy the westie

nessie
    nessie

Snowy the westie Empty Snowy the westie

Post by nessie Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Just wondered if anyone knows someone in Devon area who could foster or rehome a westie boy getting stressed in kennels? This is the post from Mo at Westies in Need:
    "Can anyone help this little westie he is stressing in kennels in Devon, www. animals in distress.com he was handed in with his sister, they were re homed together but the people decided to return him, but kept the female, he is now very stressed, the kennels are willing to release him to us, but we do not have an available fosterer in the Devon area, we cannot arrange to bring him up to us in North Yorkshire, we have 15 dogs in the house at the moment, and are snowed in
    He his castrated 8 years old, his name is Snowy, please can someone help to give this chap a home, or temp. foster"

Marion

Snowy the westie Empty Re: Snowy the westie

Post by Marion Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Do you know why he was handed back?
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:44 pm

MarionxMarion wrote:Do you know why he was handed back?

No,sorry,will try and found out
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:16 pm

I can't find the website, only keep getting one in america.

I think they should have both been handed back, they must have been together for years, I am not surprised he is stressed.
    Marion

Post by Marion Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:46 pm

rosalie wrote:I can't find the website, only keep getting one in america.

I think they should have both been handed back, they must have been together for years, I am not surprised he is stressed.
    I totally agree with you Rosalie
    tandymar
    tandymar
    Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi

I don't know if it helps at all but a new lady joined the forum last week and was looking for a Westie. I can't remember her name but I'll try and look and for it. It may be a long shot as I have no idea where in the country she lived or if she would even want to foster but just thought I'd mention it.

Marion

Post by Marion Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:28 pm

nessie wrote:Just wondered if anyone knows someone in Devon area who could foster or rehome a westie boy getting stressed in kennels? This is the post from Mo at Westies in Need:
    "Can anyone help this little westie he is stressing in kennels in Devon, www. animals in distress.com he was handed in with his sister, they were re homed together but the people decided to return him, but kept the female, he is now very stressed, the kennels are willing to release him to us, but we do not have an available fosterer in the Devon area, we cannot arrange to bring him up to us in North Yorkshire, we have 15 dogs in the house at the moment, and are snowed in
    He his castrated 8 years old, his name is Snowy, please can someone help to give this chap a home, or temp. foster"

Theres a newby called neens in plymouth in introduction asking to foster...thats on the doorstep, might be worth a pm...not sure how it works from rescue to rescue, maybe admin would ring her for you, would be quicker as she would have to have a speedy homecheck but Plymouth ideal

Last edited by MarionxMarion on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Totally agree Rosalie. Had they been mine & rehomed together I would have insisted that both were returned. Hope all goes well in finding him a space.
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:06 pm

MarionxMarion wrote:
    nessie wrote:Just wondered if anyone knows someone in Devon area who could foster or rehome a westie boy getting stressed in kennels? This is the post from Mo at Westies in Need:

Theres a newby called neens in plymouth in introduction asking to foster...thats on the doorstep, might be worth a pm...not sure how it works from rescue to rescue, maybe admin would ring her for you, would be quicker as she would have to have a speedy homecheck but Plymouth ideal

Neen is actually going to be fostering for one of ours.
    Alison Evans
    Alison Evans

Post by Alison Evans Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:15 pm

I have texted a friend I have near Plymouth, she has a Westie and a Lab and two kids aged 6 and 8 (ish) and assorted ponies, she might be able to help, or know someone who can... Snowy the westie 556819

we have just moved and are surrounded by packing cases and goodness knows what else otherwise I'd go and get him.

Alison Evans
    Alison Evans

Post by Alison Evans Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I have found him, he's in Torquay, the details say he is nine (not that it matters)!

http://www.animalsindistress.uk.com/petlocator/details.php?id=1077

I have never seen a web address with both .uk and .com in it but I have copied that from the website!!
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Just seen him, he is gorgeous, poor little man. Hopefully someone will offer him a home soon Snowy the westie 386646 for posting link

rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 pm

yorkiegirl wrote:

Totally agree Rosalie. Had they been mine & rehomed together I would have insisted that both were returned. Hope all goes well in finding him a space.

I know what seperation did to Boon they had been together for only 3 years.
    Tina Collins
    Tina Collins
    Admin Assistant
    Admin Assistant

Post by Tina Collins Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Poor little man being separated from his sister. Hope he gets a loving and forever home very soon.
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Poor Snowy is still looking for a foster or forever home Sad
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Snowy is still stuck in the kennels, can anyone help with a foster home or perhaps help with transport for westies in need Snowy the westie 386646
    teresav

Post by teresav Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I can collect in Derby like last time Very Happy
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 am

Snowy if things go as planned, will be moved on Thursday via my hubby and others to Maidstone, Kent. Snowy the westie 556819
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:16 pm

It seems as Snowy may not be going to Maidstone now, hopefull they are going to still meet hubby on the M25.

Not sure why they are going to Grantham with him on Friday.Question Question
    teresav

Post by teresav Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Mo emailed me and said one of her fosterer is going to Grantham on Friday.
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:09 pm

teresav wrote:Mo emailed me and said one of her fosterer is going to Grantham on Friday.

They were going to foster him, it is said he does not get on with all dogs, they have 3 Westies and have a Westie who is slowly coming round from being a very frightened dog, so they may not want to go backwards with another dog just yet.

Grantham is quite a way from you isn't it Teresa?
    teresav

Post by teresav Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Yes, it is 2 hours and then I am 1 hour from Richmond where Mo is (7 hour round trip) - will have to see if we can get it done otherways. Can you tell me what the planned trip is from where he is now?
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:59 pm

teresav wrote:Yes, it is 2 hours and then I am 1 hour from Richmond where Mo is (7 hour round trip) - will have to see if we can get it done otherways. Can you tell me what the planned trip is from where he is now?

Someone called Jill is picking Snowy up from the kennels in Devon and meeting hubby at Exeter Services late afternoon on Thursday, he will then travel home and supposed to meet Richard and Janie at the Services Clackett Lane on the south side of the M25, they were going to foster him as we thought in Maidstone now that bit has changed and they are going to Grantham on Friday, I have not mentioned any names that might help this time, so don't know why they are going there.

Hubby has not gone there just for Snowy, he is taking people down to Exmouth for Xmas, (taxi fare) and we thought it might help get Snowy closer.
    teresav

Post by teresav Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Don't think they can foster him, but suppose Grantham is nearer to Richmond than Kent. Will chat to Mo, will be an exensive round trip!
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Snowy is now safe and should be in his foster home tomorrow. Big Snowy the westie 386646 for Rosalie's OH for transporting him to Essex and everyone else involved Clapping Clapping
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes Dave met Richard and Janie at Clackets Lane Services on the M25 in Kent last night about 9pm and we have heard he is now at a foster home this morning.

If this rescue needs any transporting they may be able to help us in the future they said, they are in Maidstone, Kent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:18 am