The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+6
Yorkie Slave
kenlescamp
cherrylincs
minniedog91
Marion
yorkiegirl
10 posters

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE

yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE Empty SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE

Post by yorkiegirl Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:26 pm

NAME OF DOG – SHADOW (BEN ON VAC CARD)
    BREED OF DOG – GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL
    SEX OF DOG - MALE
    AGE OF DOG – 4 YEARS OLD APPROX (VET AGREES)
    NEUTERED/SPAYED – NO ( BOOKED IN FOR MONDAY 23RD APRIL)
    VACCINATED – YES 1ST VAC DONE
    MICROCHIPPED – YES TO BE CHANGED TO NEW OWNER
    OTHER DOGS – YES SO FAR
    CATS – YES SO FAR
    CHILDREN – YES SENISBLE DOG SAVVY ONES
    APPROX WEIGHT – 12.76 KGS
    APPROX HEIGHT – 14” TO SHOULDER
    ANY KNOWN HEALTH ISSUES – NONE KNOWN

Shadow was taken to the pound as a stray & served his 7 days. He has now been handed to our rescue as nobody came forward to claim him during that time. He has so far been an absolute angel, I really could not fault him while he was here. He even sits & gives paw on command. His coat is in good condition & hardly any knots so has been well groomed etc recently.

He is now in foster with Cherrylincs who I am sure will verify that he is perfect. Loved my cats & also the dogs. Backed away when Kooks growled at him & when Jnr snapped several times he did not retaliate but again walked away.

Loved being around my grandchildren & was comfortable around Cherrys as well.
    Vet was impressed with his condition as well. His teeth are immaculate.

Before an application is made please read the following carefully:
    Please do not apply for the dog unless you have the funds to pay the donation fee. We do not have the facility to hold dogs in our care until the prospective owners have the funds to adopt the dog.
    Only apply for the dog if you intend to travel to the fosters carers location. We do not deliver dogs or allow a third party to collect the adoptor/s must travel to view the dog.

Anyone wishing to be considered for the adoption of SHADOW is required to complete an adoption form after carefully reading all the adoption rules & procedures please.

Please be aware that you will only be called if you have been chosen to adopt, we do NOT call every applicant

SHADOW is still undergoing his assessment period and any application forms submitted will be considered when it is felt he is ready to be adopted.

The adoption form can be found by clicking here: http://www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk/adopting.html

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE Spitz10

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE Shadow11

PLEASE DO NOT PM THE FOSTER CARER. ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DOG ARE TO BE ASKED ON THE FORUM OR TO ADMIN. FOSTER CARERS PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN SENT ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES REGARDING THE DOGS BEFORE A HOME HAS BEEN CHOSEN

Last edited by yorkiegirl on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Marion

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE Empty Re: SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE

Post by Marion Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:22 am

Another hsnsome boy for you Cherry....an what great matee for Luca.....xxxx
    minniedog91
    minniedog91
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE Empty Re: SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE

Post by minniedog91 Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 am

What a stunning looking boy! Wonder why he was never claimed??
    cherrylincs
    cherrylincs
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by cherrylincs Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:07 am

Good Morning. Well Shadow has been with me since 5 30 pm yesterday, first of all I can not understand either why this stunning man was not claimed, he was obviously well cared for has his coat is in very good condition. He has settled in fairly quick, Shadow loves people and other dogs, likes cats but if they run he thinks they are playing and will chase. I have not seen any signs in the slighest of nastiness in this boy. Shadow does not seem to know how to play with toys or even what they are for, will work on this with him. Took him for a walk yesterday and this morning, he is a stronge boy and tends to pull, wants to get there quick, will also work on this with him. He ate well last night and this morning, he will sit and give paw for a treat. I groomed him this morning which he just stood and let me do. Last night he did cry very quietly for about 20-30 mins then settled down, I let them have the kitchen and hallway to sleep on a night. When I got up at 6 15 am this morning there was a little puddle, but I expect this with new dogs as they are in a strange place. Shadow loves having his belly rubbed and cuddles, like a little kiss now and then. So overall he is a well behaved dog. I Have taken some piccies for you all.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:09 am

Like fluffy book-ends, wonderful!!

Big SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 52970 from me and my black bundle of fun xxxxxx
    Yorkie Slave
    Yorkie Slave

Post by Yorkie Slave Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Why oh why do people not micro chip their dogs Rolling Eyes
    He is such a stunner, I find it hard to believe that someone, somewhere isn't missing him. Hope he finds his forever home soon. SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 52970
    The Fairy
    The Fairy

Post by The Fairy Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Stunning boy. If only dogs could talk. SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 828448
    cherrylincs
    cherrylincs
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by cherrylincs Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Update.
    Shadow hs now been with me for a few days now. This boy just loves everyone he meets, kids and adults, loves other dogs and gets so excited that he does start to bark and shout but this is deffently just getting over excited. When he first goes out on his walks he will also shout and do again this is excitement, does pull but I have been working on this with him, when he is told to wait or heel with a little tug at the lead he will for a little while till he forgets lol, I do feel with time and work on this he will soon learn he does not need to rush everywhere. Whilst out on walks if he sees other dogs or cats again the shouting starts so I make him sit to get him to claim down. Took him to a local park on a busy day, which he loved trying to get to all the kids playing. Shadow would be quite happy to be out on walks all day. As you may gather he is a vocal boy. Shadow has a little issue with food aggression so have to feed him in a seperate room to Luca. I feel Shadow will need a new home with someone who is a stronge person to let Shadow know who is head of the house as otherwise he will rule the roost lol, he has tried this with me and is starting to learn that unfortunately for him I AM the head of this roost lol. Overall tho this boy is lovely caring and just wants lots of love, cuddles. Shadow is clean in the house not had any kinda mess apart from very first night, he also settles nicely on an night once I have gone to bed. I have left him in the house a little bit, not sure if he has been noisey or not yet as neighbours been out at work, do hear him when I get to my front door, this just might be because he can hear someone outside, will try and find out this.

kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Sounds just like Henry on a walk, very vocal - I call it singing!! Shadow looks a stunning little lad, he'll get the hang of it I'm sure. Well done for all your hard work, and great updates, xxx

Clapping Clapping SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 52970
    cherrylincs
    cherrylincs
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by cherrylincs Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Thank you Kenlescamp xxx

Shadow has started to learn that he does not need to shout to get attention while out, he does forget himself on occassions, so I am pleased with him. The pulling is easing off as well, still needs a bit of work and his new forever parents will need to carry this on. Shadow seems to like male humons more than us females lol, took him to visit my parents and he got very excited when meeting my dad. Shadow is a very loving young man and would quiet happily spend all day being fussed and out on walks. I took him out for an hour on a walk, on route back home popped into mums quickly and when picked lead back up 5 mins later to go home he was as excited as when we set off on his walk. The learning to play is a struggle, threw a ball he chased it brought it back to me, wouldnt give it too me ran off put it down and then when I fetched it and threw it again he just looked as if to say yeah right, so tried playing tug of war with a tug rope wasnt interested, tried sqweeky toys, nope. shadow allows my daughter to put covers over him like a big baby and he just lays there under it. If Shadow wants a fuss boi you cant misunderstand what he is telling you, as he will push his nose right into your hands and then pushes it up onto his head or uses his paw to guide it to his belly. This young lad has a funny, loveable personality, also a strong personality. Still sleeps nicely on a night and if he needs to go out (which only ever been the case once at 4 30 am ) he will cry, bark and stract the front door untill you hear him and let him out. During the day if door is closed he will simply jump at the handle on the front door and look at you till again you notice and let him out.

All he needs is a his forever mommy / daddy to come alone now to make his life perfect xxx
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 am

Shadow is now in the care of West Yorkshire Dog Rescue who have more suitable homes for larger dogs.
    Anyone wishing to express an interest in him will now need to apply here
    http://www.westyorkshiredogrescue.co.uk/dogs.htm
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 am

A good move for Shadow, well done Boss lady xxx SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 27880

Good luck big fella xxxxxx SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 575591
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am

Now I've looked at the dogs on that rescue and seen little Clarence - heartbreaking
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am

Best not to look, I drove myself mad on there last night. There's dogs all over the country like this, we have to steel ourselves, we can't help them all. Sad Sad Sad
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:21 pm

maureen3 wrote: Now I've looked at the dogs on that rescue and seen little Clarence - heartbreaking

He was originally coming to us but we had no spaces at the time & as he was in the pound needed taking out that day so as usual I asked Kathy & she was there for him. SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 386646 West Yorkshire Dog Rescue SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 386646
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Great that he is safe and that he will surely find a good home.
    nixnix
    nixnix

Post by nixnix Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Good luck Shadow! SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE Goodlu10 Auntie Kathy will find you a lovely new home! Very Happy
    cherrylincs
    cherrylincs
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by cherrylincs Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 am

West Yorkshire dog rescue has found Shadow his forever home. Good luck Shadow xx
    tilly790
    tilly790

Post by tilly790 Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Great news..
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Thu May 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Fantastic!! Good for them a lovely dog xxxx

SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 52970 SHADOW - GERMAN SPITZ MITTEL - WEST YORKSHIRE 226719

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:51 am