The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+10
lesleycar
lauradawn
mulan
dee turnbull
ElizabethM
Loves ikkle pooches
Steve & Julia Todd
yvonne52
rosalie
yorkiegirl
14 posters

We have 5 guests among us

yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

We have 5 guests among us Empty We have 5 guests among us

Post by yorkiegirl Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Come on, please don't be shy. We know that you are there lol!
    If you dont want to register you dont have to that is what this area is for, guests.
    Wink
    just sca

We have 5 guests among us Empty my yorkies not acting right im scared

Post by just sca Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 am

hi my names Donna i found your forum tonight while trying to get information about my baby ( my yorkie) im taking her to vet in the morning but am scared tonight shes 9 yrs old and i have never bred her this last few days shes been drinking a ton of water and urinating anywhere on my floors which is totally not like her and now i noticed shes in heat or at least seems to be shes bleeding if she is in heat this is highly unusual for her ( the amount shes bleeding) in 9 yrs she only came in heat every other year it seemed to me i got online tonight and now i have read articles about renal failure and portosystemic shunts both deseases have all of babys symtems so of course now im scared to death and i cant get her in anywhere tonight 9 am is the soonestv anyone in the forum ever dealt with this before is this normal? thx for any imput[center]
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

We have 5 guests among us Empty Re: We have 5 guests among us

Post by rosalie Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:30 am

I don't think its normal and she should be seen as soon as possible by the sound of it.
    Has she been spayed if not has she had any puppys at any time. Is it today she is seeing a vet? I personally have not had to deal with this.
    just sca

We have 5 guests among us Empty my yorkis

Post by just sca Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:34 pm

yes shes seeing vet today no shes 9 yrs old and ive never let her have puppies and no shes not spayed when she was 5 yrs old and i still hadnt let her have puppies we spoke to the vet bout spaying her and he said at this point it wouldnt be benifical either way for her when she would go in heat i would panic that something would go wrong in pregnacy because shes so little and such a big baby i never let her breed lol times moving so slow till the vet opens im scared shes been part of my life since the day she was born
    yvonne52

Post by yvonne52 Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi, i think you should get her to the vet as an emergency. I think she might have something called pymetria, i don't know if that is spelt right, or even if it's the right name but it is an infection of the uterus and should be dealt with as an emergency. Good luck. Yvonne
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:08 pm

I have a Cavalier she is nearly 3 I got her last May and a week after I brought her home she had some blood from her back end and it was an abcess in her Anal Gland, after a small procedure to clean the pus out she came home and is fine now.
    By now you should have been to the Vets as per the times you posted your second posting she must have been there.
    So how is she?
    Steve & Julia Todd

Post by Steve & Julia Todd Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:05 pm

take her to the vets a s a pshe needs to get sorted out all the best bonnie todd
    natalies

We have 5 guests among us Empty I can't log in !!!!!!

Post by natalies Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:57 pm

I can't log in with my user name and when I type in my password my email address isn't valid ????? HELLLLPPPPP !!!!! Embarassed
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:00 pm

natalies wrote:I can't log in with my user name and when I type in my password my email address isn't valid ????? HELLLLPPPPP !!!!! Embarassed
    Will take a look & if I can fix it I will email you on the address that you account is in.
    Loves ikkle pooches
    Loves ikkle pooches
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by Loves ikkle pooches Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:11 pm

really sorry, realised I was using the wrong user name......logged in successfully now thanks xxx
    lola bea

We have 5 guests among us Empty iam new!

Post by lola bea Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi, i havent used this site before, I have a four year old yorkie girl (lola bear chop!) she is my baby! i treater her better than my partner! and have been looking for another female older yorkie to keep her company lola is a small yorkie so i would love to offer another mini yorkie a home i am based in the huddersfield area west yorkshire if any one knows of a yorkie needing a loving home please let me know!
    thanks kim and lola
    ElizabethM
    ElizabethM
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by ElizabethM Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Hello kim and lola Waving
    dee turnbull
    dee turnbull
    House Trained
    House Trained

Post by dee turnbull Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:31 pm

hi im dee i found this site yesterday and have spent much time since then reading all the info, i am interested in fostering in the devon area it would appear that there is few fosterers in this area i have a small miniture yorkie named poppy which i adopted from dogs trust would love to help other less fortunate yorkies in this area.
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 pm

dee turnbull wrote:hi im dee i found this site yesterday and have spent much time since then reading all the info, i am interested in fostering in the devon area it would appear that there is few fosterers in this area i have a small miniture yorkie named poppy which i adopted from dogs trust would love to help other less fortunate yorkies in this area.

Hi Dee

Welcome on board, Please join in with everyone on here, Thery're a lovely bunch of peeps.

Hugs

Mulan
    lauradawn
    lauradawn

Post by lauradawn Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:48 am

dee turnbull wrote:hi im dee i found this site yesterday and have spent much time since then reading all the info, i am interested in fostering in the devon area it would appear that there is few fosterers in this area i have a small miniture yorkie named poppy which i adopted from dogs trust would love to help other less fortunate yorkies in this area.

Hi Dee
    Welcome, Im in Devon aswell. Which part are you in ?
    dee turnbull
    dee turnbull
    House Trained
    House Trained

Post by dee turnbull Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:42 pm

hi lauradawn in devon im dee i come from north devon on the coast near barnstaple the touristy side been in devon 10years im actually a geordie Very Happy
    lauradawn
    lauradawn

Post by lauradawn Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:44 pm

I was saying in an other thread how lucky we are. As I have woods/fields/beach all within throwing distance off my house and my 3 dogs love it
    lesleycar

Post by lesleycar Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:40 am

Hi every one, I joined yesterday, I dont know how to do this chatting thing, I dont even go on face book or mesenger. So please help if I DONT GET IT QUITE RIGHT. I saw that Tiny needed a home, but she is already fixed up, so I guess thats good. Im told that Dee has a 15 yr old yorkie looking for a home. I would love to know more. I have to go now as I pick up a friend and we take our dogs on to the beach, Its great, but I carry a very loud personal alarm just in case a large nasty dog decides that they dont like our little ones, will log on later to see whats what, bye for now. LesleyC
    cowboyz
    cowboyz
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello We have 5 guests among us 885398 Beach ... wow.... nothing like that here lol ... If you find dog chit chat I think you maybe in the right place.. to have a read and join in
    PHOENIX

We have 5 guests among us Empty New member enjoying looking aroud the site

Post by PHOENIX Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Hi,

I'm Cherie and I'm new to the forum. I've really enjoyed looking around the site and have been made to feel very welcome. Thank you.

Cherie (& Phoenix)
    lesleycar

Post by lesleycar Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi,

Im new to this chatting thing, you all seem really nice. Im hoping to adopt an oldie yorkie, one that would be hard to place , Im told that Dee Turnbull has a fifteen year old yorkie that needs an forever home, is this the case. Could you please let me know, thanks Lesley, pip and sweep so far x
    dee turnbull
    dee turnbull
    House Trained
    House Trained

Post by dee turnbull Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Lesley this is Dee you need to fill in an adoption form if you havnt done already and speak to Kentishlass (Carole) look on the beginning of the forum under who we are there are contact numbers there Carole does the adoption and fostering of dogs. Cheers. We have 5 guests among us 563941
    dee turnbull
    dee turnbull
    House Trained
    House Trained

Post by dee turnbull Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi Lesly, if you look in dog chat at little Willy needs a home. We have 5 guests among us 563941

Post by guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Very Happy Hello I'm one of those who's guilty of reading your forum but not becoming a member. I have enjoyed reading the banter going back and forth between your members, the only reservation I have is two threads on chatter, one which is referring to a 'cuckoo'. Now tell me to mind my own business but can I ask if the forum is an open forum to everyone and there are no sections not open to non members why is there so much animosity to the poster/reader/member being referred to as 'the cuckoo'? Also I'm guilty of reading the thread about someone emailing nasty comments to some members.

I find it a bit confusing to see the animosity getting a little more serious as the days go on. I realise you don't have to tell me but as said not being a member I find it a bit confusing confused

I think this is the only place I can post without becoming a member, you have some beautiful dogs on your rehoming section, can I mention the Bailey Shih Tzu thread. I have 2 older Shih Tzu girls one of which used to be quite stubborn, they're now 10 & 12yrs old Smile I have had Shih Tzus for the past 35yrs, I was upset by the way the fosterer is pinning the dog to the floor when he tries to bite. The squealing isn't because he's spoilt it's fear and will only make him worse. A better way would be to leave a short nylon lead on him all the time, when he's where he shouldn't be pick the lead up, tell him 'down Bailey' and pull the lead down at the same time. This isn't harming him nor is the fosterer being bitten. Each time he gets down or moves with no attempt at biting or snapping a treat is given. He'll soon learn he is not top dog and it's a kinder way of dealing with him. Reading his description he is great in all other quarters so it may be worth trying. This is just my opinion and has worked with the little ones I've had over the years. Very Happy

Jenna
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Jenna

Thank you so much for your input regarding Bailey, Im no expert and as you have pointed out the "screaming" is fear. Im now wondering if I should build his trust in me a bit more before trying to sort his aggression out. Something for me to ponder on..lol. I really do mean that input is welcome and thank you.

The Cuckoo game is no way intended to reflect upon visiting guests, People are always welcome to browse our forum, We welcome that,Our forum gets a regular visitor from a lady who tries to run another "rescue" the person in question is known by many in dog rescue and not for good reasons either, so as you see its an "in joke" Sorry for the confusion.

This rescue was almost closed because of malicious rumors and the kind of thing that was mentioned in the email that Yorkiegirl(aka. Sue/Founder of the rescue)received from an ex-foster carer. The reason we published it openly was to let members of the forum know exactly what was being said about the rescue. We didnt even ban the member, she has full access to come and reply as to the allegations that she has made about the rescue,

I understand that looking in to the forum, It may well seem like a lynch mob...lol.. But over 40 members of this forum have worked so hard at rebuilding the reputation that this rescue once had, Hence the nasty comments about the email sender. People want to protect what theyve built, Only human nature in afraid..lol

I do hope this has helped answer some of your questions.

Hugs

Mulan
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by yorkiegirl Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Hello Jenna
    I am glad that you posted what your feelings are about the forum. I am however a bit puzzled as to what your motives are? You see what normal members/guests cannot see is the I P Address button in the top right hand corner of each poster. I have just clicked on the one that you are on & it also bought up 6 other IP addresses that it is saying that you have used to make 8 posts in total???? Now that to me can only mean one thing? You are a member & possibly account sharing with others as the I P addresses match some I am familiar with & the areas that they come up as?
    As you know I like a game or to, but if you really want to say your piece why hide as a guest?????
    ellejay
    ellejay

Post by ellejay Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:20 pm

The wonders of the I.P address's.

Myself and Rick run a forum ourselves have done for 8 years, so know exactly what can be seen by admin. Some people just don't think about that kind of thing Sue Very Happy

Always good for catching people out on my forum and believe me we have had some right ones over the years.
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm

And theres me thinking I was being polite, Do you mean to say I sat and wrote all that nice reply for nothing......lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

We have 5 guests among us 815117 We have 5 guests among us 815117 We have 5 guests among us 815117 We have 5 guests among us 815117 We have 5 guests among us 815117
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:26 pm

We have 5 guests among us 485276 We have 5 guests among us 485276 We have 5 guests among us 485276 We have 5 guests among us 485276 We have 5 guests among us 485276 We have 5 guests among us 485276

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am