The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+5
cowboyz
chihuahuamom
Ladycool
tilly790
blueribbonuk
9 posters

tommy and lexi

blueribbonuk
    blueribbonuk

tommy and lexi Empty tommy and lexi

Post by blueribbonuk Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Tommy and Lexi are under animal helplines care www.homes4dogs.co.uk they were handed into us as the couple had decided to return to college after a few years break. family members wouldnt take them on., and they were worried for their dogsw as they were returning to college within the next week. these 2 will need to be rehomed together as they are bonded. they snuggle up togehter and are always looking for one another when one goes out of sight. they arent for the first time dog owners and will need an exp home without young children and also someone that is around alot of the time. they can be left for 3 ghours without any problems.
    for more info please contact us through our website

tommy and lexi Lexiandtommy003

tommy
    tommy and lexi Lexiandtommy004
    lexi
    tommy and lexi Lexiandtommy001
    tilly790
    tilly790

tommy and lexi Empty Re: tommy and lexi

Post by tilly790 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh gorgeous boys..
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh hide these before some of the others see them.....they are simply gorgeous xxx Love2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I wonder if these are the ones Chihuahuamom is going to see. They do look sweet.
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 pm

omg looks very similar to my Coco.....they are gorgeous. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i love chihuahuas!!!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Think your username gives the game away on that one Sam. lol! Are these the two you're going to see?
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 pm

haha Sheila, the forum name could be a red herring Smile

I am going to visit a pug tomorrow, sad story... was found in streets, then went in the pound, then rehomed, then back in rescue. I will consider any toy breed that will fit in with my pair. Towards the end of Jaspers stay, my pair seemed to get a bit closer. Shame it was at the end.

been feeling bit gloomy this week counting the days down with Jasper and need to help more dogs.
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:51 pm

just having an OMG moment, just realised that one looks like Coco but the other very similar to my Hugo Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG what to do!!!
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:08 am

chihuahuamom wrote:just having an OMG moment, just realised that one looks like Coco but the other very similar to my Hugo Shocked Shocked Shocked

OMG what to do!!!

Decisions decisions... lol! ...just take a very deep breath and sleep on it... tommy and lexi 575591
    cowboyz
    cowboyz
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:28 am

Two pairs sound fine to me ......no decisions then..but please leave space for a foster ..or two.....six is an okay number ask Marion .. tommy and lexi 815117
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:27 am

Good luck Sam whatever you decide - its heartbreaking isn't it to see them all needing homes.
    Marion

Post by Marion Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 am

If you really want my advice .....walk away...bonded pairs will tag and be spitefull towards other dogs if they try to intrude....my ex breeding bichon girls (rescued separately)are a made pair close but not bonded very special girls who welcome any other animal and hooman...my little shi*s (rescued seprately)are also a made pair and although have bonded in play because of age related are different sexes so dont have the same tight bond as brothers or sisters....also because they are young i wont allow that sort of bond to happen ....my chi girls 5yr sisters (rescued as a bonded pair) are bonded so tight you cant get between them making fostering very difficult sometimes....i'm an old seasoned fosterer and would advise against it....they may take the enjoyment out of fostering for you Sam....a bondec pair wont enter a pack neither will the pack rare totaly accept them...i like even number but made pairs are easier to mix......sorry to be blunt but i know you really enjoyed fostering and wouldnt want you to spoil it for your self with overload......so soon xxx
    helen01
    helen01
    Mad Hull Dog Woman

Post by helen01 Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 am

Marion wrote:If you really want my advice .....walk away...bonded pairs will tag and be spitefull towards other dogs if they try to intrude....my ex breeding bichon girls (rescued separately)are a made pair close but not bonded very special girls who welcome any other animal and hooman...my little shi*s (rescued seprately)are also a made pair and although have bonded in play because of age related are different sexes so dont have the same tight bond as brothers or sisters....also because they are young i wont allow that sort of bond to happen ....my chi girls 5yr sisters (rescued as a bonded pair) are bonded so tight you cant get between them making fostering very difficult sometimes....i'm an old seasoned fosterer and would advise against it....they may take the enjoyment out of fostering for you Sam....a bondec pair wont enter a pack neither will the pack rare totaly accept them...i like even number but made pairs are easier to mix......sorry to be blunt but i know you really enjoyed fostering and wouldnt want you to spoil it for your self with overload......so soon xxx

I agree fully Marion. I have also found that my pack dont accept a bonded pair as easily (or the pair accept them as easily) as two separate dogs coming into the house. I find you get that 'us and them' mentality and if the pair need work with settling, behaviour, training etc its a lot harder to do it.
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:08 am

thanks ladies for the tips, this is exactly what i was looking for when posting this thread up. i love chis but the 2 male pair are not for us, as my male chi Rocco 3, is top dog. i want it to stay that way.

my female chi Coco, nearly 3 has been with us since Sep 2011, when we lost Hugo. Rocco and Hugo were taken on separately and were best of friends.I was worried when Hugo left us that he would pine so much. Coco came along and they are very close, which is nice to see, and Rocco appears not to have been traumatised by the loss of Hugo.

My thoughts would be a young female, small breed. definitely a rescue, i will not go to a breeder. i will also want her to be spayed . Mine are both done.

saying goodbye to Jasper was a heartbreaker, didn't think it would be that hard.

do you think my plan could work Marion?
    blueribbonuk
    blueribbonuk

Post by blueribbonuk Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:52 am

chimum i think you have made the right decision to go with strawberry pug. she really is a sweetheart. i had the pleasure of having her here for a while and she just fitted in beautifully and as some of you know i have a pack of dogs mainly mastiffs and she just got on with all of them from the word go. she is only young and does love to play. she is very amusing lol.
    tommy and lexi are a bonded pair and so far have had no problems with them meeting my lot. but then i dont think they would start any funny business with the mastiffs lol they could easily sit on one paw lol. tommy and lexi will need alot of one to one attention and would be best suited to going to an experienced chi or feisty terrier home. these 2 arent the easiest of dogs. they need to get to know you before you can even touch them as they will snap out at you. and because of this other residnet dogs may not appreciate their mummy getting bitten and all sorts of trouble can arise form this
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:09 pm

thanks Tracy for your input, the chis will not be for me, but strawberry sounds perfect.i will speak to you later hun, can't wait to meet her x
    blueribbonuk
    blueribbonuk

Post by blueribbonuk Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 pm

you wont be dissappointed that i do know she is gorgeous.
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:52 pm

tommy and lexi 556819 for you, is there any photos of her ?

blueribbonuk
    blueribbonuk

Post by blueribbonuk Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:54 pm

this is little strawberry

tommy and lexi Strawberry005
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Awww wow what a lovely dog... Love1
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:01 pm

AAawww she is gorgeous, hope the meeting goes well cheers

tommy and lexi 386646 for posting her photo, love her name tommy and lexi 459406
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:07 pm

She is lovely - what age is she?
    Marion

Post by Marion Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:22 pm

chihuahuamom wrote:thanks ladies for the tips, this is exactly what i was looking for when posting this thread up. i love chis but the 2 male pair are not for us, as my male chi Rocco 3, is top dog. i want it to stay that way.

my female chi Coco, nearly 3 has been with us since Sep 2011, when we lost Hugo. Rocco and Hugo were taken on separately and were best of friends.I was worried when Hugo left us that he would pine so much. Coco came along and they are very close, which is nice to see, and Rocco appears not to have been traumatised by the loss of Hugo.

My thoughts would be a young female, small breed. definitely a rescue, i will not go to a breeder. i will also want her to be spayed . Mine are both done.

saying goodbye to Jasper was a heartbreaker, didn't think it would be that hard.

do you think my plan could work Marion?

Sounds good to me.....however i dont know much about pugs, but teresav has them and fosters a housefull Very Happy
    blueribbonuk
    blueribbonuk

Post by blueribbonuk Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:30 pm

strawberry is 1 yr old
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Just a baby then - hope the meeting goes well Sam
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:12 pm

been a roller coaster day, after rehoming Strawberry i also have Jasper back home too.

Please forgive me if i don't get a chance to post as much right now, but just gone from 2 to 4 dogs..... Shocked

Strawberry is absolutely adorable!!!
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 pm

tommy and lexi 226719 on adopting Strawberry (just love that name)

hope everyone settles down tonight tommy and lexi 52970
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 pm

tommy and lexi 226719
    chihuahuamom
    chihuahuamom

Post by chihuahuamom Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Strawberry is now Ethel Smile she is a little treasure!
    maureen3
    maureen3

Post by maureen3 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 am

Ethel - lovely name.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:39 am