The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+20
jeangange1
gail
me_luvin_life
rosalie
westie13
bomma
Marion
fran53
cowboyz
tippy-moon77
Allicatt
kenlescamp
Dave123
jennifers791
juliaa
Imurhuni
jackey
mulan
helen01
yorkiegirl
24 posters

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

tippy-moon77

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 Empty Re: Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

Post by tippy-moon77 Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:23 pm

What can I say that has not already been said. So sorry you have to go through this stress again so soon. Like everyone else I would gladly offer my support and help wherever it may be required if transport /collection etc is needed.

It's easy to say and hard to do , please try not to let one bad apple drag you down, remember there are lots of us on here that support you and all the work you do and will help you where ever we can. Sending you some healing Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 52970 

cowboyz
    FORUM BUDDY

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 Empty Re: Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because

Post by cowboyz Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Their is always ONE who puts a spanner in the works.....Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 46687 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 46687 

Sue get yourself down there and get the dog back.. don't take the crap......you have never been one to give in so don't start now ..

I will put the money in the tank just let me know how much .......other than that get the bus on the road Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

fran53

Post by fran53 Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm happy to go get any dog back from any unsuitable adopter/thief Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 46687  As long as it's my day off I don't mind how far I travel. I'm cheap (well free actually)

Due to this persons actions, the dog is now either a) back with the original owner, in the circumstances that were unsuitable, hence the owner contacting the Rescue in the first place or b) in a new home that nobody knows is suitable for it.

I think 99 % of the owners I have collected from (apart from the sh**y breeders) have asked me if I will be fostering their dog, it's a comfort thing, they've met you and they like to put a face to where their dog is going. They are always happy with the fact that, even if it's not me, it's another family home where they will be loved, looked after and assessed until their forever home comes along and no kennels are ever involved and that we are all always in constant contact with ther Rescue and each other. Simple

I haven't got any suitable words to describe how this person makes me feel so I'm just going to agree with what everybody before me has said Sad  Safest option pale 

Marion

Post by Marion Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:42 pm

fran53 wrote:I'm happy to go get any dog back from any unsuitable adopter/thief Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 46687   As long as it's my day off I don't mind how far I travel.   I'm cheap (well free actually)

Due to this persons actions, the dog is now either a) back with the original owner, in the circumstances that were unsuitable, hence the owner contacting the Rescue in the first place or b) in a new home that nobody knows is suitable for it.  

I think 99 % of the owners I have collected from (apart from the sh**y breeders) have asked me if I will be fostering their dog, it's a comfort thing, they've met you and they like to put a face to where their dog is going.  They are always happy with the fact that, even if it's not me, it's another family home where they will be loved, looked after and assessed until their forever home comes along and no kennels are ever involved and that we are all always in constant contact with ther Rescue and each other.  Simple

I haven't got any suitable words to describe how this person makes me feel so I'm just going to agree with what everybody before me has said  Sad     Safest option  pale 
    Fran am gonna pm you x

bomma

Post by bomma Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 am

Hi this is so sad not for the twit who has basically stolen a dog with no thought for its wefare . As you all know we have been thinking long and hard about fostering simply because at the moment my husband doesn't feel he could give them away, but that's exactly it. You know if your capable its something you don't go into lightly.
    Do you still want us to give out the leaflets advertizing fostering Neutral 

westie13

Post by westie13 Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Surely if you just have people to transport the dogs into the rescue who either already have dogs or do not want or need another dog then wouldn't this work better. Or people you already have as adopters or fosterers. Then they know the rules already rather than a new fosterer. I for one would be glad to help in collecting dogs if it did not involve too much travelling as I cannot cope with long journeys anymore due to disabilities. If you let people who you already know or trust do the transport side then would this not alleviate this kind of thing happening. It is such a shame that future furbabies are going to be turned away just because of one self centred selfish cow that has done this to the rescue.

rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Some dogs must be an only dog as don't get on with other dogs so need a foster home without one, there are so many reasons why you have to find the right foster home for the dogs needs, some can't manage too many in their home at one time, so lots of juggling needs to be done and to stop driving the fosters miles away as they are traumatised anyway leaving there homes.

What might be better is for anyone wanting to foster is to have them fill the forms in and returned before they have a dog in their care, then the rescue can prosecute if necessary as a last resort.

me_luvin_life
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by me_luvin_life Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:22 pm

rosalie wrote:
    What might be better is for anyone wanting to foster is to have them fill the forms in and returned before they have a dog in their care, then the rescue can prosecute if necessary as a last resort.
    I think this is a good idea.

I just can't believe someone is selfish enough to do this Evil or Very Mad .  Everyone works so hard to make sure that the doggies are well looked after and this is the last thing you need and so unfair to the dogs who will suffer as a result completely selfish and I hope that Karma bites her extremely bloody badly and I am sure it will at some point.

In the mean time if their is anything we can do to help then please give us a shout Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 52970

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I think that's the way things are normally done, but in an emergency situation there's no time to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's. There has to be an element of trust, and anyone transporting can say they don't want another dog and then keep it for themselves, and I believe this woman collected the dog from it's previous home herself.
    me_luvin_life
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by me_luvin_life Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

That's a really good point Sheilaj it's such a shame that someone would be selfish enough to do this and break the trust for everyone makes me so mad Evil or Very Mad 
    tippy-moon77
    tippy-moon77

Post by tippy-moon77 Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Surly when the former owner handed the dog over they filled in the form stateing that the rescue now becomes the legal owner.. Surley that must be enough proof that the rescue owns the dog and not this foster carerer. These bl****dy selfish peeps make me so angry

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:10 pm

The woman lied to Helen and said she didn't get any paperwork.Evil or Very Mad 
    westie13
    westie13

Post by westie13 Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 pm

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was not implying that people who already have dogs should foster the dogs, merely that people who already have all the pets they need or want would maybe be in a better position to act as transporters of the new dogs as would be less likely to do what this woman has done and keep the dog instead of doing what they are suppose to do. Of course you wouldn't bring in a new dog and put with other dogs until he was assessed even i am able to figure that one out. Just my opinion rather than not be able to take any more dogs in.
    gail
    gail
    PIMP
    PIMP

Post by gail Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Yep westie13, if you have a look at post 18, helen said this is what we will have to start looking at doing in the future Smile 

Post by Guest Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

I didn't misunderstand you Sue. It appears that no matter how many dogs the 'dognicker' has (the first one who did it already had about 10 of her own!) if they have it in their mind to do this then nothing will stop them. Sadly some people have no scruples. xx
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I will always transport if I can, and I will ALWAYS hand the dog to the fosterer with great relief - I just cannot imagine the row I would have if I turned up with another dog under my arm!!!affraid affraid 

OH loves Henry very much, they play together and i'ts great, but he doesn't want any more dogs, and I have to respect that. It has to be a joint decision, and so I will always be trustworthy in the delivering of any dog, however delightful it might be!   (I would be anyway, but this is another reason why, just thought I'd let everyone know the situation .)

Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 885398 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 885398 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 885398

Last edited by kenlescamp on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
    westie13
    westie13

Post by westie13 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Sorry Sheila, but I meant Rosalie when i posted my reply about her saying that some dogs can only be in a one dog home. The point i was trying to make is the same as kenlescamp was making. They, like myself, already have all the dogs they need and could be trusted to collect dogs for the rescue as no matter how much we may love dogs, we know it is not possible to have more. So this situation would not arise. But i will leave my opinion at that as it is starting to get a bit complicated. i guess I do not make myself very clear in what I am trying to say.
    gail
    gail
    PIMP
    PIMP

Post by gail Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm

helen01 wrote:I think were going to have to get 'transporters' to collect dogs and then place in foster homes for us.  Its a shame though as people handing over the dogs like to see who is looking after the dog. 

Nearly every dog I have had handed over to the rescue via me always asks if I will keep the dog.  The answer is always the same 'no he/she will go up for adoption' this isnt even about being a failed foster carer as tbh that doesn't come into it...its about lying and deceiving the rescue and the owners.  A dog needs assessing, vet checking etc before anyone decides whether or not to adopt him/her.  What will she do now if he/she turns into the dog from hell etc?  Dogs dont show their true colours at first and once settled that lovely sweet dog may soon be a nightmare What a Face

I got what you said (i think) and so replying again and highlighting the point.
    jeangange1
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by jeangange1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Sorry I am a bit late joining in on this stupid person playing up.Foster mums and Dads do this knowing what happens about the dogs.Does this  person not realise the tears we all have cried when our charges leave for their new home. Sensible people know that we are here for the dogs not ourselves so come on silly person give the dog back and get on with the rest of your life.It is selfish of you that because of you we can not take on more foster carers and that  enables us to help more dogs.
     Would like you to know Sue that John and I can be put on your list for picking up dogs but we can only travel 100 miles or so but this might help.To be honest it would be so good to go with Sue to pick up this little dog.Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 308899 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 563941 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 563941
    yorkshire rose

Post by yorkshire rose Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:47 pm

I have only recently joined the group but what I have read is disgusting what this person has done. That is why I applied to adopt a dog for keeps and not foster as I know I would always want to keep them all. I think the foster carers do a great job and must have a heart of gold to care for these dogs in their most hours of need and bring them through the other side. I will shortly be meeting with a fosterer to see my potential dog and after a few phone calls already my only thoughts of her is tremendous respect for what she is doing so it deeply saddens me to think that there is mindless individuals who are willing to put this whole rescue process in jeopardy as the only ones that will suffer is the helpless dogs who need fostered x:pale: 

Post by Guest Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm happy to say I'm once again contacting new applicants who wish to foster for us. Admission procedures have been changed so this kind of thing shouldn't be able to occur again.
    Good luck with your meeting Yorkshire rose.
    jennifers791
    jennifers791

Post by jennifers791 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:04 pm

That's great news Sheila. More helpers for the dogs. That's all that counts here cheers 
    KazzieA
    KazzieA

Post by KazzieA Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:33 am

Great news Sheila. I am so pleased that the rescue is once again able to help as many dogs as possible. good work getting this all sorted out everyone.
    After all if it wasn't for the rescue and all the good work of the transporters and fabulous foster carers many of these dogs wouldn't have such happy homes.
    There is a huge element of trust involved in re homing the dogs through the rescue and as others have said I too find it despicable that someone could abuse that trust. I only hope that the dog in question is safe.

Good luck with your meeting Yorkshire Rose, I hope it all goes smoothly and another little one is successfully  re homed
    holisticjune
    holisticjune

Post by holisticjune Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:37 am

As to getting foster carers to sign forms If someone wants to be a fosterer the house has to checked and if they are suitable surely the forms could be signed there and then then you have the forms in your hands and stand a better chance of procecuting if things go wrong.Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 563941 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 563941 
    gail
    gail
    PIMP
    PIMP

Post by gail Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:06 pm

holisticjune wrote:As to getting foster carers to sign forms If someone wants to be a fosterer the house has to checked and if they are suitable surely the forms could be signed there and then then you have the forms in your hands and stand a better chance of procecuting if things go wrong.Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 563941 Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 563941 
    The home check is just the eyes for us. They don't get to make the decision as to if they are suitable or not. They send the information back to admin who then make the decision Smile
    hypnohill
    hypnohill

Post by hypnohill Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Oh dear I'm so sorry to hear what has happened, as a person that was looking to become a foster for the little ones, its not only the dogs that miss out, its us as well. i will look to the RSPCA to foster now. But I will keep popping into read about all your babies and still donate when I can. No 
    Marion

Post by Marion Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:35 pm

hypnohill wrote:Oh dear I'm so sorry to hear what has happened, as a person that was looking to become a foster for the little ones, its not only the dogs that miss out, its us as well. i will look to the RSPCA to foster now.  But I will keep popping into read about all your babies and still donate when I can. No 
    Read post 51 xxx
    hypnohill
    hypnohill

Post by hypnohill Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 pm

OH so pleased........... I missed post 51........so glad, so happy. Sadly we cannot take on any new foster carers because - Page 2 459406 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:58 am