The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

4 posters

New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds

jayfor

New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds Empty New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds

Post by jayfor Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 am

I have a brand new - untouched by human hands - Zylkene Sound Sensitisation programme CD.
    I received it as a free gift with an order of Zylkene capsules.

Our next door neighbours used one, along with a D.A.P. collar, with their hysterical Westie and it has worked wonders!!!
    TERROR of fireworks and sudden noises all gone!!!!!! Couldn't believe it!

As I have no need of it I wondered if anyone on the forum would like it in return for a small donation to Sue.

I am happy to pay for the postage and packing and will send it out upon Sues receipt of a donation.

Anyone interested just shout, Jenny
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds Empty Re: New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds

Post by rosalie Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 am

JENNIE
    My colliex is terrible with noise, sounds like gun shots local and regular, probably bird scarers, she can hear from the garden, fireworks like some dogs she is the only one in my 7 dogs like it., even if I open a ring binder I have only to pick it up and she is off. New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds Affraid
    I will donate £5 to the rescue, even though Sue has not claimed my previous donations when I last looked.
    jayfor

New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds Empty Re: New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds

Post by jayfor Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Very Happy thank you - it is yours LOL

I hope it works for your colliex as well as ours neighbours worked for them. As I said, they use it along with a D.A.P collar - these do not come cheap but if they work they are worth it. Our neighbours dog doesn't worry about a thing now Very Happy IN FACT.............SHE IS NOW VERY NOISY lol!

Will shout at Sue re donation and if you PM me your address I will
    get it sorted, Jenny
    Smile

PMed you
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:00 pm

SOLD TO ROSALIE Very Happy Wish all fundraising was this easy!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Rosalie, Jenny x
    mulan
    mulan
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by mulan Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:30 pm

What a result...lol

Thanks Ladies,

Hugs

Mulan
    yorkismiles
    yorkismiles

Post by yorkismiles Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Jayfor

Can I ask you how you are getting on with the Zylkene caps.
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:10 pm

WELL, we THINK they had a slight calming effect on our last newbie. She downgraded to hysterial instead of totally freaked - could have been coincidence!

We use them mainly for our youngest cat, who suffers dreadfully from stress cystitis. They do seem to help her. The slightest change outdoors upsets her, like our neighbour moving and new people moving in, 3 cats 2 doors away are very aggressive and she gets freaked out by them - understandably, the weather being too wet so she cant play in the garden all day, lots of things like that.
    We tried the capsules once before and she seemed to be much more relaxed about things - like if she had to stay in because of the weather then it wasn't so much of a problem to her - more laid back I guess. We dont keep her in, she uses the cat flap and seldom leaves the garden when she is out BUT she HATES wet weather!!
    We are working on a plan of cystitis prevention at the moment - if it doesn't work I will let you know.
    Different people report different success rates but I wonder if maybe they need to be used for the minimum 2 month period to have any real, lasting effect while an animal 'gets over' something. Jenny Smile
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 am

CD posted first class, recorded, at the crack of dawn Very Happy
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Thank you, I popped out this morning for 5 mins when I got back the postman had been and taken something back with him, we have to wait 24 hours now, it could be that. I have ordered fleeces from ebay I think its to quick for them to arrive.
    We asked for them to be delivered tomorrow so have to stay in.
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 pm

rosalie wrote:Thank you, I popped out this morning for 5 mins when I got back the postman had been and taken something back with him, we have to wait 24 hours now, it could be that. I have ordered fleeces from ebay I think its to quick for them to arrive.
    We asked for them to be delivered tomorrow so have to stay in.

TYPICAL!!!! According to the delivery details it should have been with you today so it could have been the CD

Honestly - you barely move, turn your back for a second.............missed it!!!

Another time you can stay by the window all day and nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it arrives tomorrow AND the fleeces, then you dont miss them as well!!! xx
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:46 pm

My CD arrived at 11.30 this morning thank you, we did not have to sign today, stupid post people.
    Anyway had a quick listen to the first track, just explanations, 2nd track it played a couple of sounds to see if the dog could hear anything, nobody's ears twitched or swivelled and the dog I wanted to listen to it had gone into another room during the explanations. New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds Icon_rolleyes
    jayfor

Post by jayfor Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am

Laughing re dog leaving room

As for postie, NOT IMPRESSED as we paid for 'signed for' service to ensure it did not go astray!! Good job it went to the right peron!!!

I can log on tomorrow to Royal Mail to see who signed for it - that will be interesting - I may just ask them for proof of signature New Sound Desensitisation CD for YTTBR Funds 485276 Embarassed
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:48 am

I am not sure if I signed anything in the post office when we went to collect it and it was not back from the round, if you do and its me you could ask what date it was signed.
    That strip on the label was missing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:07 pm