The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

4 posters

Dog Show - what a brilliant day

tandymar
    tandymar
    Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Dog Show - what a brilliant day Empty Dog Show - what a brilliant day

Post by tandymar Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi everyone

I managed to get to the Dog Show on Sunday and I am so pleased that I made it in the end. What a fab weekend I had all I can say is Dog Show - what a brilliant day 639729 to everyone involved in organising this event.

Sue and her family are amazing they are all so committed to the Rescue. Sue's daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren were a pleasure to meet and so welcoming. Very Happy Very Happy When I arived I asked Sue if there was anything I could do to help (they were all so well organised) and thought for a second and asked me to look after "Mad Max" well that was what I thought she said. She actually said Mad Madge as that is her affectionate name for female dogs, and it was little Gigi that I had - Sue's grandson kept me right. What a lovely little dog I was more than happy to look after her for as long as I could.

Val, Gordon & Frazer- what can I say. Words can not thank you enough for everything you did for me over the weekend. Frazer was my personal chauffeur and went above and beyond the call of duty to get me to and from places. Dog Show - what a brilliant day 386646 so much. I had arranged with Frazer and Gordon to surprise Val as she thought I wasn't going to be able to manage and it was a picture that I will never forget when her "special delivery" Harry and myself walked into her living room. You are all truly special people. Dog Show - what a brilliant day 386646 so much Gordon for our packed lunch for the train - Harry loved the sandwiches!!! Dog Show - what a brilliant day 459406

Marion my Hotel buddy - I enjoyed your company so much - even when the fire alarm went off at 3.30 in the morning.Harry got back to normal as soon as we got home and your dogs are so lovely again it was so lovely to meet you. Dog Show - what a brilliant day 386646

Forum Members It was great to finally put faces to names and what lovely peeps you all are. I am not going to try and name everyone I met for fear of forgetting someone as I do not want to offend. Most of the people I recognised through their dogs pics being on the forum, apart from the lady I accosted and asked if she was Rosalie - I did eventually track Rosalie down with the help of a couple of forum members.

I was Harry's 6th birthday on Sunday and I can't thank the rescue and his former mummy, AnnMarie, enough for letting me adopt him and to share that special day with all who were there. The only problem I had that day was with another dog called Fraggle Rock but that's a story for another day.

Dog Show - what a brilliant day 386646 for a wonderful weekend and I look forward to next years event!!

PS Henry is an "Angel" - sorry Lesley I just had to say that Hide Dog Show - what a brilliant day 575591 Ha ha I know it was an imposter that was there on Sunday Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208

Last edited by tandymar on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad spelling as usual)
    babycakes.49
    babycakes.49

Dog Show - what a brilliant day Empty Re: Dog Show - what a brilliant day

Post by babycakes.49 Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 am

Glad you had a lovely weekend Helen, I bet Harry had a fantastic birthday, I did post a happy birthday and a couple of pictures on his page on Sunday not sure if you've seen them yet. Hamish must be in his element to have you both back and being spoilt rotten I bet Dog Show - what a brilliant day 575591
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:53 am

" PS Henry is an "Angel" - sorry Lesley I just had to say that Ha ha I know it was an imposter that was there on Sunday "

Hi Helen, lovely to meet you too - but believe me, Henry will be an angel for real, if he doesn't learn to stay on the field, or come when called - aaaaaggghhh!!!, and to think I was a size 10 when Hen arrived (what!!!!), honest, all this stress has made me eat cake after cake after cake, and look at me now!!! lol! lol! lol!

For those of you that weren't there, I am a size 10 - twice, plus a bit, and can't really blame it all on Henry, in fact can't blame any of it on Henry, just thought I'd give it a try, don't want to have to take all the blame myself, but looks like I'll have to, munch, munch, munch!!!

Dog Show - what a brilliant day 234365 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 234365 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 234365 Yep, that's about the size of me!!!
    tandymar
    tandymar
    Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:20 am

babycakes.49 wrote:Glad you had a lovely weekend Helen, I bet Harry had a fantastic birthday, I did post a happy birthday and a couple of pictures on his page on Sunday not sure if you've seen them yet. Hamish must be in his element to have you both back and being spoilt rotten I bet Dog Show - what a brilliant day 575591

Still catching up with posts so I'll have a look shortly. The batteries "died" in my keyboard so only got replying to a few things last night. Harry seemed a bit out of sorts at the weekend, but he did do a lot of travelling and everything was strange to him but he coped very well. I had a tear in my eye when he finally recognised Frazer it was amazing to see. Harry hasn't stopped eating since we came back, thank goodness, and 10mins after he was home started bossing Hamish around. I felt so guilty leaving Hamish but he had a ball to himself, he only said a quick hello then back to the boys out in the garden. My nephew and his friends played football with him and my sister took him lots of walks so I don't feel so bad now. Dog Show - what a brilliant day 885398
    tandymar
    tandymar
    Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

For those of you that weren't there, I am a size 10 - twice, plus a bit, and can't really blame it all on Henry, in fact can't blame any of it on Henry, just thought I'd give it a try, don't want to have to take all the blame myself, but looks like I'll have to, munch, munch, munch!!!
    [b]

Dog Show - what a brilliant day 485276 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 485276 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 485276 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 676208

Hi Lesley - I really enjoyed your company too and just luv the funny things you say lol! Dog Show - what a brilliant day 485276
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Sorry, can't reply, mouth full of Belvita biscuits, 'sposed to be good for you, munch munch ......

lol! lol! Dog Show - what a brilliant day 885398
    babycakes.49
    babycakes.49

Post by babycakes.49 Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Helen its fine I'm just glad you had a lovely weekend and got back home safely, I would of loved to of seen everyone's face when you walked in with Harry I bet it was a sight to behold xx
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Any idea of how much was raised yet please? (Know you're busy, sorry, sorry ,sorry if I've asked toooo soon!!

Dog Show - what a brilliant day 251771 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 251771 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 251771
    tandymar
    tandymar
    Fundraiser/Foster Carer

Post by tandymar Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 pm

kenlescamp wrote:Any idea of how much was raised yet please? (Know you're busy, sorry, sorry ,sorry if I've asked toooo soon!!

Dog Show - what a brilliant day 251771 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 251771 Dog Show - what a brilliant day 251771

Hi Lesley

I have no idea how much was raised as I didn't have anything to do with the organising of that event - I was lucky enough to be a visitor and be able to enjoy it.

I'm sure admin will post the amount as soon as they can. lol!
    kenlescamp
    kenlescamp

Post by kenlescamp Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:59 pm

[quote="tandymar"]
    kenlescamp wrote:Any idea of how much was raised yet please? (Know you're busy, sorry, sorry ,sorry if I've asked toooo soon!!

Please ignore that post, admin and Yorkiegirl - a) nowt to do with me, and b) I forgot about the poopies as well as all the usual work!!!! Off to the naughty chair immediately!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

ps think it might be my age ( a bit lame, that excuse!!)

pps blame it on the weather, I've been out without my hat!!
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Does anyone who was helping at the dog show in Grantham know if there were any Yorkie socks left please. Adult size.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 am