The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

5 posters

Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue

kilmousk
    kilmousk

Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue  Empty Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue

Post by kilmousk Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 am

Dolly is a 9 or 10 year old yorkshire terrier and is currently on foster in Abercarn.

The Dolly Fact File
    Dog status: Dolly is OK with dogs she meets out on walks but would like to be the only dog in her new home.
    Cat status: Unknown but we suspect she would chase, she has a high chase drive for chickens and small furries
    Child status: Dolly would like a new home without children
    House training: Good, she does have the odd accident but just like her they are petite and easy to clean up!
    Home alone: Fine to be left and will just sleep
    Basic training: Dolly is good on the lead, off lead as she is largely deaf and may not hear a recall cue but she cannot move quickly and never strays far from her foster carers. She is very good at training humans to help her up onto the settee

Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue  Dolly

Our little Dolly Daydream is a very low maintenance, easy dog to look after. She would be the perfect companion for an older owner or a quiet household. She is an older lady and likes to spend her days snoozing and stretching and the settee (which is even better if there is a human to cuddle up to!). Having said that she does enjoy her walks and a breath of fresh air but does not have high exercise demands.

Dolly has been in foster care with 3 other dogs, however, she can be intolerant with them and grumpy especially at meal times. She would prefer to be the only dog in her new home. In fact, she would be better as the only pet without cats or small animals. She has shown a lot of interest in the chickens in her foster home.

Dolly is happy to be left as long as she has eaten and had a walk as she will just snooze the day away. She does occasionally have accidents in the home and her new adopters would need to be aware of this fact and willing to work on her housetraining.

Dolly is largely deaf, she does have some hearing but it is limited. This means she has little or no recall when off the lead, however, she does not go far off the lead. Her hearing is the reason Dolly needs to be rehomed where there are no children as she can jump (and has snapped once) if you touch her and she did not know she had been approached. She may be able to be rehomed where there are visitng children or grandchildren if they were used to dogs and were old enough to understand Dolly's needs.

Dolly also has a lump on her side which is being looked into by our vets. She is not in any pain from it.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK. A Pre-Home Interest Form can be downloaded from www.hoperescue.org.uk and should be returned to dogs@hoperescue.org.uk

Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue  Empty Re: Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue

Post by Ladycool Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 am

Awww she is beautiful, I thought you were based in Scotland as it says in you location.. scratch
    On clicking on a few pages on the Hope rescue i see this isnt the case... lol!
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue  Empty Re: Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue

Post by kilmousk Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:03 am

I am based in Scotland ... about 15 minutes from Kirkie Very Happy

but the dogs I list are from Hope Rescue in Wales. Hope rehomes throughout the UK and while a majority of dogs are fostered in Wales they do have dogs in foster further afield.

So far I know of 4 dogs that have moved north of the border in the last year - not a huge amount but its a start lol
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:09 am

kilmousk wrote:I am based in Scotland ... about 15 minutes from Kirkie Very Happy

but the dogs I list are from Hope Rescue in Wales. Hope rehomes throughout the UK and while a majority of dogs are fostered in Wales they do have dogs in foster further afield.

So far I know of 4 dogs that have moved north of the border in the last year - not a huge amount but its a start lol

Awwww nice to meet you neighbour... Waving

15mins thats not so far away then, is it towards Glasgow or up towards Cumbernauld etc... Question

I very nearly went down to Wales to help out Many Tears rescue, now Im even thinking of going out to Sri lanka to help SOS Sri Lanka rescue who have a FB page, but not got the funds to do this at the moment.
    So many animal rescues desperatly needing the help impossible to help them all, if only I could get a lottery win.. Rolling Eyes
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Aaaww bless her, hope she finds a forever home soon Dolly - Older Yorkie with Hope Rescue  295595
    nessie
    nessie

Post by nessie Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 am

Dolly is still looking for a home (according to a post on dogpages)
    adogforlife
    adogforlife

Post by adogforlife Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 am

Such a shame that they got her and not this site as I am sure she would be in her forever home by now if she was on here.
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Sat May 21, 2011 2:33 am

Dolly has been rehomed
    Ladycool
    Ladycool
    Total Bampot
    Total Bampot

Post by Ladycool Mon May 23, 2011 1:46 am

kilmousk wrote:Dolly has been rehomed

Clapping excellent news , she was lovely Love3
    turtle
    turtle

Post by turtle Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

hurray-hope she has a very happy new home Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 pm