The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Breed Rescue

www.yorkieandtoybreedrescue.co.uk

No further Donations ,Rehoming Forms,or Direct Debits To Rescue until further notice Please.

+12
jackie_stout
gail
greyluvva
Sue Hughes
cowboyz
dee turnbull
ElizabethM
KarenP
charlychop
Taudy
yorkiegirl
kilmousk
16 posters

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue

kilmousk
    kilmousk

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue Empty George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue

Post by kilmousk Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Please meet George who is a 9 year old male Terrier Cross dog we think there may be some Yorkie or Cairn in there somewhere. George is on foster in Bracknell Berkshire.

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue George

Sadly, George is not very photogenic and the photos don’t do him justice. He is very small and very cute. At some point he has had an injury to his left ear which has left it a little smaller than the other one – but it gives him a very quizzical look as the other ear sticks upright. George says it’s called character.

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue George2

George sleeps all night in his own bed, without a murmur. He has tried a couple of forays onto Foster Mum’s bed, but as he snores and parps in his sleep, the evil witch (sorry foster mum) has decided he is better off in his own bed! George says snoring and parping is called character.

He is clean in the house and will ask to go outside. He is fine to be left for a couple of hours a day and is non-destructive. His appetite is very good. He does not go a whole bundle on treats, but is starting to take a bit of carrot now and then, and will never turn down a bit of snack a jack!

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue George4

He is good on walks and trots along at his own pace. He has met other dogs and horses, and while he has shown interest, he’s not overly bothered in saying hello. He’s been down the stables and enjoyed snuffling around at the new smells, and wasn’t fazed by the horses. He hasn’t been tested with cats but has learnt in his foster home not to chase the Guinea Pigs!

He is slightly deaf, so you have to raise your voice to get his attention. He will do sit and beg, haven’t tried a down yet, but have a feeling he won’t do it, like most terriers.

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue George3

George does have a slight heart murmur but this does not require medication as yet, he also has mild cataracts, is slightly deaf and has been treated for a slight flea allergy.

He is quite an unassuming little chap in the house and is happy with his own company; although that does not stop him launching himself at you for a cuddle and tickle. He will sit up in a beg to have his tummy rubbed.

He would be happy as an only dog or with a chilled out companion. He would suit almost any family, but an older retired couple who can spend all day with him would be idea. Also, someone with older children, he may find younger children a bit much.

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue George5

George is a character but he is also a distinguished older gentleman (he paid me to say that instead of scruffy mutt) that has been overlooked for too long now and I have made it my mission to find him his own sofa to snore and parp on and his own family to chat to and launch cuddles onto.

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue George6

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK.

If you are interested in George a Pre-Home Interest Form can be downloaded from www.hoperescue.org.uk and should be returned to dogs@hoperescue.org.uk
    yorkiegirl
    yorkiegirl
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue Empty Re: George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue

Post by yorkiegirl Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:35 pm

What an absolute little darling, you can see the 'cheeky' streak in his eyes. Is it ok to look through our adoption request forms & if we have anyone that fits his 'slave' requirements to ask them to look at him?
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:47 pm

If you could do that would be above and beyond my expectations. I am determined to find this boy his sofa. I thought he would fly out the door .... but 3 staffies went before him which is unheard of.
    Taudy
    Taudy

Post by Taudy Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Awh he's lovely, I hope you find him a new slave soon. Good luck little lad.
    charlychop
    charlychop

Post by charlychop Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:22 pm

What a sweetie...I could quite easily go from 2 dogs to 5...then face the consequences lol!
    KarenP
    KarenP

Post by KarenP Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Aw, he's lovely, I hope he finds a new home soon...what kind fo dog is the more curly little chappy/chappess??? She looks so like my Emmie who is meant to be Yorkie/Westie x!
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:03 pm

KarenP wrote:what kind of dog is the more curly little chappy/chappess??? !

I shall enquire ... to me its a curlie little dog lol
    ElizabethM
    ElizabethM
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by ElizabethM Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Great photos, and really good write up. Hope he finds his home soon.
    dee turnbull
    dee turnbull
    House Trained
    House Trained

Post by dee turnbull Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi any news on George's situation George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 719396
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:46 pm

George is still looking Crying or Very sad let down by me being laid up in bed with a cold and not fighting his corner every step of the way! BUT I am back!

George has moved foster home to Basingstoke through no fault of his own ... he was meant to be the "quick turnover" type foster. His new foster home has sumbitted an fresh assessment for George and wow ... he has come on leaps and bounds in the time he's been with Hope and he NEEDS to find his own home!

His write up now includes ....Loves company, and being around people and dogs in general. Even though he is between 8-10 years old he is still very active and loves his walks. We think he would suit an active couple/person or family as he does love being around people. He has a superb personality and is a very happy and loving dog who just wants to be cuddled and fussed over. His recall will need some work, so this will need to be taken into consideration, although we do know he recognises his name as he comes to it when called in the home/garden etc. Also would get on well with other family dogs as long as they are not too rough and playsome.

George was wondering if he changed his name to something "Hip and Trendy" like Dizzee Rascal or Justin Timberlake he wouldn't get overlooked ... George is worried that George is a grumpy old man name and that is why he is overlooked? It's not his looks, he knows that, cos a he's a handsome russet coloured trendy young man (damn he paid me again not to say scruffy mutt AGAIN!).
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:32 am

Reports from his foster home confirm that George doesn't put a foot wrong and is a pleasure to foster but they still feel that George deserves a forever home as he has plenty of to offer to a family of his own.

He is still looking though Sad
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Still looking for a scruffy terrier shaped space ... he would fit in anywhere you know Very Happy
    cowboyz
    cowboyz
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by cowboyz Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 pm

He looks absolutely wonderful.. I first thought he was much bigger just goes to show how George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 146789 can be deceiving but when you see him against another little one he is much the same size.. George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 556819 that someone here falls in love as he sounds such a delight..Gorgie boy hows that for his new name.
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue Empty I love George

Post by Sue Hughes Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:05 pm

I am seriously interested in George - has he found a home yet?? I have been looking at him for some time but thought that he would have been snapped up by now??
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 pm

George is still looking and has NO interest at all and I have no idea why. He really is a different dog from the one that came in and is desperate for a family.

I can send you the interest form if you wish? Its not a commitment at all but would allow the rehomer and fosterer to see if you would be a match? Smile
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

Post by Sue Hughes Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes please, send any relevant forms - do you need me to contact you direct to give my details?
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

Post by Sue Hughes Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm

I have now registered directly with the Hope Rescue website and am waiting for my account to be accepted. Once this has been done I will be in touch regarding George Love1
    greyluvva
    greyluvva
    FOSTER CARER
    FOSTER CARER

Post by greyluvva Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Aww wishing u lots of luck Smile Looks like he's been waiting for a home since oct going by hopes forum, i can't believe it! He's gorgeous Love3
    gail
    gail
    PIMP
    PIMP

Post by gail Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Good luck sue George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 556819
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 pm

If you are impatient you can pm an email addy and I can send the form
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

Post by Sue Hughes Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm

This is all new to me - so I don't know how to pm or anything - am still waiting to be accepted on Hope Rescue website
    jackie_stout
    jackie_stout
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by jackie_stout Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:58 pm

If you want to PM go to the you have no messages at the top and click. Select a new topic. Put in the persons name. type in your message and send. Hope this helps
    Jackie George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 318913
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

Post by Sue Hughes Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 am

I have just attempted to send a pm (thank you Jackie for your guidance) but I get the message that the person is unable to accept pm's?? I have completed a form on the Hope forum and will contact them direct now. Really appreciate all the good wishes and help that has been offered - you have all been most kind George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 386646
    jackie_stout
    jackie_stout
    FORUM BUDDY

Post by jackie_stout Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:35 am

I have set Kilmousk up so that she can receive PMs now. If you want to contact her. Please keep us informed about George. We are always interested in what members are doing even if they get a rescue from somewhere else. So please continue to join in. flower
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue Empty George - update

Post by Sue Hughes Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:05 am

Thank you for your help Jackie (again) - I will definitely keep you informed of how my request goes along, especially as it was on your Rescue forum that I heard about George. I have been contacted directly by Hope Rescue, via email, and am waiting now for the next step - will have to go to the gym now as I have so much nervous energy and couldn't sleep last night - Headbasher
    ellejay
    ellejay

Post by ellejay Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:24 pm

ooooh Good luck Very Happy

This little boy is gorgeous, and i cannot believe he has not had any interest in all this time, i would have snapped him up in a second if it was not for the other halfs allergies... ( mind you, i fall in love with all dogs me )

Please keep us updated and my fingers are crossed for you, if you are lucky please post up pics with him..( sorry getting ahead of myself there, just excited for you )
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

Post by Sue Hughes Thu May 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Very Happy I had a home-check yesterday evening and I have been told this morning that it was successful pending the neighbours getting their fenced repaired (we are going to do a temporary, but solid, repair). So am now waiting to arrange a visit from George with his foster mum - am so happy, but apprehensive in case he doesn't want to live with us!!!!! No
    kilmousk
    kilmousk

Post by kilmousk Thu May 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Gorgeous George says he would love to live with you and that chicken wire will suffice for the time being (unofficially)

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO much for looking at George AND offering him a home. I can't tell you how chuffed I am.

Look forward to pics (and George promises not to parp too much)
    rosalie
    rosalie
    The Guru
    The Guru

Post by rosalie Thu May 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Hope everything goes well for you and George likes you. George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 459406
    Sue Hughes
    Sue Hughes

Post by Sue Hughes Thu May 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi All - an update - George is coming to us this Sunday!! I received a phone call from his foster mum today and had another lovely chat with her. I can't believe it and am hitting the pet shops tomorrow to get all the essentials. Hubby and I have just repaired the fence, so he won't be escaping. Will get back to you next week to let you know how things are going
    George - Terrier X - Hope Rescue 575591

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:39 am